BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Low fuel indicator Empty Low fuel indicator Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:59 am

Richard1

Silver member
Silver member
Now that I have finally got my bike on the road I noticed that the fuel indicator light (7L) comes on and then off. It does this even when there is approx 4 US gallons remaining in the tank. It does it on acceleration as well as cruising. On -off-on-off. The other day the 7L came on and then the 4L. They stayed on and when I filled with fuel I could only put 2.3 US gallons in.
Where should I start searching. Could it be the unit in the tank. Any ideas where to start.
Richard1

2Back to top Go down   Low fuel indicator Empty Re: Low fuel indicator Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:47 am

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
In another post...
charlie99 wrote:
oh! look at the tank connector ...under the seat .behind the side cover .in front of the battery ...there are 4 pins ....get the female side of them and attempt to close up the sockets so that they all connect properly (dont forget to clean them as well ).
what i needed to do to get fuel guage working

If that doesn't work, you will have to look at a replacement fuel gauge sender.

3Back to top Go down   Low fuel indicator Empty Re: Low fuel indicator Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:53 am

Richard1

Silver member
Silver member
Thanks fellows. I really appreciate the help. Don't know what I would do without you and the rest of the forum. Will try your suggestions.
Richard1

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum