BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   instument panel cluster lights Empty instument panel cluster lights Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:28 pm

dabosswd

Hey guys......first off thanks for all the helpful information so far.....I have a stupid question because i am not familiar with the bike so far....on the instument cluster i have figured out most of the lights...there is one that is in the middle ...a red triangle with an I in the middle...can someone tell me what light this is and should it ever be on? and when it should be on or off? thanks...oh it is an 85 k100 thanks

Long Island n.y.

2Back to top Go down   instument panel cluster lights Empty Re: instument panel cluster lights Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:50 pm

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
It's a bulb monitor.

When you jump on the bike and start it, you squeeze the front brake lever and you press on the rear brake lever and the light goes out.

If it doesn't, there could be a problem in either brake switches or the light bulbs (brake or the park light bulb) at the rear of the bike. The monitor doesn't worry about the front parker...just the rear lights.

Sometimes you'll check everything out and it appears all good. But, if one of the rear bulbs is coming towards the end of its life, it will trigger the monitor and illuminate the "dash" light.

Check the switches, check the bulbs (maybe replace them) and tell us what's happening if the light doesn't go out.

DeoxIT is my friend...repeat it aloud three times. Buy some. Use it.

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

3Back to top Go down   instument panel cluster lights Empty Re: instument panel cluster lights Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:26 pm

dabosswd

AHHHH!!!!!! could that be the possible "leak" that is draining my batteries im putting in the bike?

Long Island n.y.

4Back to top Go down   instument panel cluster lights Empty Re: instument panel cluster lights Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:13 pm

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Possibly not.

When you switch off the ignition and remove the key, it shuts the bulb monitor system off.

Have a look at the download section. In the wiring schematics that
Sir Crazy Frog has put together, there is one that shows what circuits are live when the ignition is off and the key removed.
Use that to see if there are any other circuits live when they shouldn't be.

Report back to see if we can help you further.

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

5Back to top Go down   instument panel cluster lights Empty Re: instument panel cluster lights Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:19 am

geordnz

geordnz
Silver member
Silver member
Daboss. I'm sure you know this but just in case, you can take the key out in the "park light" position. Which does what it says. Leaves the park lights on, Make sure the key is pulled out after you have turned it fully anti clockwise. I park the bike in the shed and don't take the key out, and when I first got it thought I'd turned everything off and the park lights were still on. Lots of keys were on the ring when I got the bike for all the different pannier keys etc. Just a thought

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum