BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Throttle body butterfly shaft seals Empty Throttle body butterfly shaft seals Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:53 am

Has anyone replaced the throttle body shaft seals and if so where did you get them...mine are leaking vacuum.
I think this may be some of the stumbling and black soot

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I have no idea where you would get the seals but I really don't think that leaking butterfly shafts could make it run so rich that you get black soot if anything it would run a little bit lean. I would be very loathe to pull them apart in those circumstances.
I have just looked back at some of your previouse posts on this and I didn't see anybody say anything about ignition have you checked this out, coils, ign module and maybe the hall sensor. A bad ignition can give those symptoms by not burning the fuel properly.

yes I have checked all of the mentioned and even replaced the hall sensors, air flow meter, water temp sensor, plugs, boots on throttle body, fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator and battery and cleaned and deoxit all connections as well as checked voltage ang continuity values with a meter as described in procedure in this forum...I have been workng through this for a year and would REALLY like to resolve the issue!

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I can certainly understand your fustration I have been beating my head on a brickwall about ABS on the K75 for 4 years now. I have swapped every major component and it comes and goes whenever it pleases
You dont mention the ignition module which is the aluminum box under the top frame rail right behind the steering head have you looked at that.
I am just thinking of anything at all some people I have found have thought the ignition was taken care of by the ECU and not realized that it is a seperate thing.
It has a rubber cover and I found that on a friends bike it was full of water but it was still running ok could be worth a look.
Being an intermitent fault I would still be looking for some form of electrical thing as that is more than likely where it will be.
I saw a post on another forum about a guy that bought a K1100 and the experts gave up and said get rid of it and the problem was an earth wire that yhad been removed on one end and was touching the cases most of the time. It could even be something as simple as that but finding it can be well we both know how crazy it can make you.
Hang in there a K75 when going well is a sweet bike indeed.

I have looked at that and have had tested the inputs and outputs an deoxit the connectors. I am pretty sure it is an electrical issue as well but when I was spraying around the TB shafts I discovered the leak so that is why I was attempting to repair that leak while i was working on this thing
I am certain it will be a EUREKA moment in discovering the problem.
Thanks

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Stumbling and black soot is caused amongst other things by being rich not lean. Air leaks around the TB shafts would cause a lean condition not a rich condition. I believe you can discount that as the source of your troubles.
Regards,
K-BIKE

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum