BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Flasher Unit Empty Flasher Unit 23/01/09, 07:56 am

corran57

corran57
Hi Guys

Having trouble with a the right indicator, looks to be a problem with the relay in the Flasher unit. Just wondering if anyone has played with a third party solution, or done some moding say for LED indicators.

- K100 1984

Thanks
Jason

2Back to top Go down   Flasher Unit Empty Re: Flasher Unit 23/01/09, 03:02 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Jason, I know that it had been done.
The first thing is that you will lose the auto cancelling function of your flashers.
Before going any further, are you certain that you don't have a bad connection or a cutted wire in your circuit?
Is the right flasher not working at all or does it stay on steady?
If it stays on steady, I would guess that the flashing unit is gone. If not...
The wire used to energize the right flasher on the unit is blue and yellow.
If you disconnect your right handle switch connector under the tank, you should be able to see if the switch is working.
When you press on the flasher switch you should get a contact between the brown wire (ground) and the blue/yellow. you should be able to trace it right to the flashing unit and see if the signal goes there.
Have you downloaded the color wiring diagram from the download section?
If not, do it and it may be a great help to troubleshout. Let us know what you find.

Bert

3Back to top Go down   Flasher Unit Empty Re: Flasher Unit 31/01/09, 03:46 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Jason,
Could you tell us the exact symptoms of your problem please. Something niggles away in my memory that early K Bikes had too little slack or the routing/fixing of the cable bundle that goes from the frame to the bars and that made them prone to breaks in the cable. I know another owner who had four separate breaks in cables in the loom and it was only when the progressive failures reached the point where the bike would not run he decided "I've got to fix this" so it is a possibility that Bert's analysis technique will work on. I have done a fair bit of work on LED's but let's get it working before going onto something else.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum