BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Folks,
The Fluke reference on the previous post also has an excellent article on basic electrical tests on vehicles. I am sure many of you being seasoned veterans of working on elderly machines would consider this pretty basic but there are lots of people for whom electrical testing is not second nature so for the pro's bear with me and for the learners like many of us - enjoy. Well worth downloading and copying to your computer for future reference.

http://us.fluke.com/usen/support/appnotes/default?category=AP_AUTO%28FlukeProducts%29#

Regards,
K-BIKE

2Back to top Go down   Testing Electrical Systems with a Digital Multimeter Empty RE: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:04 am

roys

Silver member
Silver member
K-BIKE wrote:Hi Folks,
The Fluke reference on the previous post also has an excellent article on basic electrical tests on vehicles. I am sure many of you being seasoned veterans of working on elderly machines would consider this pretty basic but there are lots of people for whom electrical testing is not second nature so for the pro's bear with me and for the learners like many of us - enjoy. Well worth downloading and copying to your computer for future reference.

http://us.fluke.com/usen/support/appnotes/default?category=AP_AUTO%28FlukeProducts%29#

Regards,
K-BIKE

Hi all,

These articles are great and VERY usefull to naive users such as myself. I will hardcopy these.

Roy

emmanuelfiadjoe

emmanuelfiadjoe
Silver member
Silver member
the link does not take you where i think it did originally, is a copy available at the download section?

Region: Europe
VIN: 0018945

K75cster

K75cster
Life time member
Life time member
I dont know of a download for multimeters but the fluke link would be for the bottom of page 5, at a guess. You could take your bike or alternator to an auto electrician and for the price of a test and refurbish he would no doubt tell you or show you how to use the multimeter for next time. I dont know what type of multimeter you have but it must have a common for the black wire to go into and a volt for the red lead to go into, you would set the voltage to 20volts or above and use it  being polarity correct as in black neg wire to neg of batt and so on

The Clever are adept at extricating themselves from situations that the wise would have avoided from the outset - QUOTE from david Hillel in Out of the Earth.

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I cant find anything in the downloads and because I am very familiar with a multimeter I never looked at the original that K Bike wrote.
I will ask Bert about it and post here.
I went to that link and in the Search Training Centre box I put multimeter basic and about the 7th place down on what comes up is Basic Measurements have a look at that.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

emmanuelfiadjoe

emmanuelfiadjoe
Silver member
Silver member
thanks a lot R & K

Region: Europe
VIN: 0018945

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum