BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   New Member from South West Wales. UK Empty New Member from South West Wales. UK Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:53 am

BEEJAY

BEEJAY
Hi

Just joined after buying a 1988 K100 RS in Silver.

Just needs tyding up, seems mechanically sound, with only the Temp guauge not working, but will be sorted shortly. A small oil leak has already been sorted and wiring will get a makeover as there seems to be a few loose bits and taped joints.

Came back into biking in 1999 and since then have had a number of Honda bikes, before buying a 2005 K5 650 Bandit in 2008.

Usually have a second bike that needs some work to so and just sold a 1991 Yamaha XJ600 to my next door neighbour, to make way for the K100.

The original 1988 engine had done 92000, before being replaced with a 1989 70000 miler last year. All paperwork had been changed to reflect the engine change.

So far have changed all the fluids and will carry on using it until the frost arrives and will then strip the fairing off and give it a good clean up. Will need front and rear disks replaced before next June as they came up as an advisory on the MOT, but having measured them they are still in spec. I have sourced any bits from James Sherlock in Devon as they have a good selection of new and used BMW parts.

Tyres are Dunlop Sportmax Touring on rear and Pirelli Sportdemon on Front which have plenty of tread left.

Don't know if there are anyother K members in my area, but did see a rather unusual K with a sidecar at the West Wales bike show in August. The engine was in the rear of the sidecar and was an Astra 1700 Turbo Diesel, the owner claiming 180 miles to the gallon.

On a personal note, I retired last year and moved from Devon back to Wales and some of the local roads are brilliant for bikes. I passed my IAM motorcyle test in 2006, ride with my local group and currently training to be an Observer with the IAM.

Cheers

Bryan

dee why

dee why
Gold member
Gold member
Welcome Beejay.

Sounds like you are being very methodical in your approach to sorting your new K.

I'm sure some of the more local members will be along soon to say hi.

Cheers from the colonies.

Dee Why

3Back to top Go down   New Member from South West Wales. UK Empty Welcome Bejay......... Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:35 am

Agerbundsen

Agerbundsen
Silver member
Silver member
If there are any more retirees joining the K 100 owners ranks, we maybe need to have a special section for the Grey Gold Riders lol!

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
hey beejay .....sounds like a great bike ....

welcome to the forum ....from another ...erm slightly grey member

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

twincarb

twincarb
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the forum...

and I am south of you or south west depending on if I am at work or at home!

I have spotted a couple of the SW bikes on the A38 and A30....

New Member from South West Wales. UK 169042New Member from South West Wales. UK 169034

g35corona

g35corona
Silver member
Silver member
Welcome aboard BEEJAY. This is the place to be for all the help you need.

;BMW;

ex:1986 K100 RT Vin #0091835

2012 R1200 GS

krambo

krambo
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the forum BEEJAY from another UK member - you have stumbled upon a very rich source of information on all things K bike related. Enjoy your time here Wink

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool

Hi Beejay welcome to the forum mate, every thing you will need to know is on here.

BIG D

Life time member
Life time member
I'm the other side of the Irish Sea! Welcome to the forum, you'll enjoy it. It's a treasure trove of information tips and comraderie!

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

BEEJAY

BEEJAY
Thanks for the welcome, this is a great forum.

Will post some pics. of the bike in the next few days.

Cheers

Bryan

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi BEEJAY,
Great to have you on board.
Regards,
K-BIKE

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Just remember all you old geezers, grey one's do not fall out, so cherish each one. I should know, just turned cold here again and the bald patch seems to have increased. Must be this tight helmet.
Welcome BEEJAY.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum