BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   k100rs diff rebuild Empty k100rs diff rebuild Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:54 pm

ALEX PITON

ALEX PITON
Silver member
Silver member
hi i need to put a baring kit threw the diff of my k100rs 86, i have the k1100 manual, dose any 1 know if this is the same as a k100rs, if not could some 1 pls post me a link for the right 1 (english pls).i have the k1100 manual off the link here

2Back to top Go down   k100rs diff rebuild Empty Re: k100rs diff rebuild Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:46 pm

phil_mars

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Alex, check the download section of the forum from the home page. You should find the appropriate manual that you require.

Regards,

Phil

3Back to top Go down   k100rs diff rebuild Empty Re: k100rs diff rebuild Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:04 pm

ALEX PITON

ALEX PITON
Silver member
Silver member
cheers if it was a snake id be dead, has any one done the crown wheel barings before, is there anything to watch.

4Back to top Go down   k100rs diff rebuild Empty Re: k100rs diff rebuild Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:51 am

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Alex from what I have read elsewhere getting them set up correctly is not a trivial task and people like Tom Cutter and Anton make a very fine job of doing just that setting them up perfectly. Tom Cutter has said many times that new K bikes sometimes come from the factory incorrectly assembled and I suspect that may be behind the rash of failures we see reported on newish bikes..
Regards,
K-BIKE

5Back to top Go down   k100rs diff rebuild Empty Re: k100rs diff rebuild Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:23 pm

red green

dude
it can be done
big one i found on mine[200,000+MILES]
after t many miles the alunminum housing that crries the tappered roller
was showing its age and the bearing[brg] was somewhat loose
green loctite
i had to
fabricate a tool in order to remove the fasener they use to secure
the outer race on the roller thrust brg as well a jig to hold the housingbut i have used it since then for two seasons
and have enjoyed the upper parts of the stratosphere
with no problems
and i have payed close attention
but it is not a task for the average hobbiest
i am a licenced mechanic
and i forget that not everyone is
if you want and have a digital camera i will go there with you
as long as you do all the work

6Back to top Go down   k100rs diff rebuild Empty Re: k100rs diff rebuild Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:45 pm

ALEX PITON

ALEX PITON
Silver member
Silver member
just the basic pionters would be good, i am a trade mech myself, but have neave really dabbled in diff execpt car diff axle barings and seals and them damn pinion seals. have never done heated baring only interfeace fits. the main reason for this is my rear wheel barings are loose. and i need a road worthy, custom tools and jig arent a prob i have a engineer next door to work, and dirt cheap for me, i was wondering if u know os a sub baring like ntk... ect the bmw ones are so expensive.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum