BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   running too rich...  Empty running too rich... Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:15 am

pajonk

Silver member
Silver member
i searched the forum and found some topics relating to that issue - i just wanted to make sure what should be the order of cheking things so please correct me if i am wrong.

I am planning on tearing my bike apart soon to change the connecting rubbers (between the throttle bodies and the air filter) and hoses, the breather hose etc so i want to do as much as possbile to solve all the problems possible (in this case my engine running a bit too rich - when cold, it works very loud and "knocky" and when i press the start button on the hot engine, the rpm drops by ~100rpm or so).

so what i would start with is:

1. checking the fuel pressure
2. return valve
3. air leaks should be sovled when i change all the parts mentioned
4. temp sensor (liquid)
5. temp sensor in the AFM

now my questions are:

how to check the AFM temp sensor? i know there's a bunch of instruction how to do it but they seem a bit too complicated to me - is there an easy way like - plug your meter here and here, measure the temp and cofront it with the reading Wink

also, as you may remember, i had to change the EFI (is efi the thing beind the frame head? - i changed this one as i had the swiss version) and i am wodering if this, or the main computer can have any influence on the matter? i would think no, as they get the data from the sensors first (i guess my problem can be temperature related)

i hope i didn't write it all in a too messy way but that is all i can do using english Wink

thanks for any suggestions

btw - the starting issue was solved - the battery was old and weak. now the bike starts ok even in -2 degrees

cheers!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum