BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Front Seat Bracket **need help*** Empty Front Seat Bracket **need help*** Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:07 pm

tcbuscg

tcbuscg
good day.

My front seat mount is broke. I am in need of VERY Detailed measurements and photos so I can fabricate and weld a new one on...

can someone help me out with length, diameter, rise, how far from frame.. a set of pics with a ruler held on the bracket to capture various angles would be golden..

I am really looking forward to getting this peice put on so my son and I can get to work restoring her.. Thanks in advance.

2Back to top Go down   Front Seat Bracket **need help*** Empty Re: Front Seat Bracket **need help*** Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:51 pm

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
What exactly has broken? Could you post some photos to show us. The other problem is that the seat changed in 85/86 and a photo could help. Are the grab handles for the pillion on the seat or on the bike?

3Back to top Go down   Front Seat Bracket **need help*** Empty Re: Front Seat Bracket **need help*** Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:23 pm

tcbuscg

tcbuscg
ainsjac,, Thanks,

I am a new member.. I am unable to post an outside link, yet.. I made a public album on my FB account

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
Here's a link to beemerboneyard.com parts:

http://www.beemerboneyard.com/hardware.html

1988 K100RS SE VIN 01477554

5Back to top Go down   Front Seat Bracket **need help*** Empty Re: Front Seat Bracket **need help*** Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:13 am

tcbuscg

tcbuscg
Thank you for replying. What I need is part of the frame. It looks like a 3mm round stock that has 2 bends in it welded to the frame on the right side. It also has a small grove on the forward edge that an E clip goes in to hold the Sears hinge.

Sears = Seat

darn spell check on my smart phone..

Last edited by tcbuscg on Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Sears=Seat)

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
Ok, so the pin that is welded to the right side of the subframe then? That should be easy. Unfortunately my '85 RS has a different seat config I think. Does the side of your seat, at the back, have handholds, or are they on the rear cowl? That will tell us which seat you've got.

7Back to top Go down   Front Seat Bracket **need help*** Empty pics... Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:17 am

tcbuscg

tcbuscg
can't post links...... BUT......

put this all together and paste in the address bar.

https : // WWW . FACEBOOK . COM/media/set/?set=a.2637289531171.2173191.1223477756&type=1&l=2d569bc5f3

it is a photo album of bike and bracket/hinge I am talking about.

Thanks Guys

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
Ok, that was painful to get the link to work, but finally got it. For those that come after me, note all the spaces in the addy that need to be deleted.

He's def got the 2nd gen seat from 1986+. Front hinge pin for the seat that is tack welded to the frame is broken. Can someone hold up a ruler to theirs and take several pix?

tcbuscg

tcbuscg
Thanks for trying Club. Guess I will try a Different approach

10Back to top Go down   Front Seat Bracket **need help*** Empty Re: Front Seat Bracket **need help*** Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:36 pm

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
well I can give you my measurements... but seat mount at the rear is diff on the 85. I'm thinking front will be the same tho...

11Back to top Go down   Front Seat Bracket **need help*** Empty Re: Front Seat Bracket **need help*** Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:44 pm

tcbuscg

tcbuscg
Would BMW alter their frames? I would not think for a mass production on models. Let me draft a drawing of what I need and post it..

Thanks again

Chris

12Back to top Go down   Front Seat Bracket **need help*** Empty Re: Front Seat Bracket **need help*** Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:45 pm

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
No the frame would be the same, but the hinge pin that is tacked onto the side may have changed. It's actually a very simple thing...

13Back to top Go down   Front Seat Bracket **need help*** Empty Re: Front Seat Bracket **need help*** Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:01 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Pic was from a 86 RT frame but should be the same as you want.
Front Seat Bracket **need help*** Image114

The material is 6mm round steel and the green arrows show a stop for the hinge and the groove is for a small Eclip.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

14Back to top Go down   Front Seat Bracket **need help*** Empty Re: Front Seat Bracket **need help*** Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:24 pm

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
Ain't that cool. What would be the distance from the frame to the hinge Freak?

15Back to top Go down   Front Seat Bracket **need help*** Empty Re: Front Seat Bracket **need help*** Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:53 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
club_c wrote:Ain't that cool. What would be the distance from the frame to the hinge Freak?
I knew there would have to be another question so I didn't hang it back up in the rafters. 3.5mm mate.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

16Back to top Go down   Front Seat Bracket **need help*** Empty Re: Front Seat Bracket **need help*** Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:05 pm

tcbuscg

tcbuscg
K Freak.... Awesome.... only 2 my friend..

Club_C asked the first one..

2. how far from the forward end to the stops? "green arrows"

17Back to top Go down   Front Seat Bracket **need help*** Empty Re: Front Seat Bracket **need help*** Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:42 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
tcbuscg wrote:K Freak.... Awesome.... only 2 my friend..

Club_C asked the first one..

2. how far from the forward end to the stops? "green arrows"

11.5mm to the Eclip groove and 16 to the end

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum