BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Hello from Suffolk Empty Hello from Suffolk Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:24 am

billk100rt

Great forum.

Very informative and helpful advice for all 'brick' owners.

Plenty of information to give us confidence to tackle any jobs that need doing to keep our bikes on the road.

I own a 1986 K100RT; purchased in 1988 with 8k miles, now 78k.

First 4 years did 40k with many trips touring all over Europe on holidays and visiting motorcycle GP races. Then marriage and kids resulted in a much quieter life for the bike.

Looking forward to posting my comments to the forum in future.

2Back to top Go down   Hello from Suffolk Empty Re: Hello from Suffolk Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:18 pm

Life time member
Life time member
billk100rt wrote:
Looking forward to posting my comments to the forum in future.

And we're looking to forward to hearing some of the wisdom gained from 70,000 miles of K bike motoring. This is a great forum for advice, help and motivation not to mention banter involving Wombats, Red paint and the like!

Great to have you along.

88KE

3Back to top Go down   Hello from Suffolk Empty Re: Hello from Suffolk Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:31 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
hiya bill... welcome aboard .....

perhaps one day youll share a pic of your bike with us ..?

cheers

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

4Back to top Go down   Hello from Suffolk Empty Welcome Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:04 pm

krambo

krambo
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome aboard billk100rt - I also have a K100RT (1984, 106,000 miles)

http://www.its-personal.net

5Back to top Go down   Hello from Suffolk Empty Re: Hello from Suffolk Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:56 pm

g35corona

g35corona
Silver member
Silver member
Welcome aboard billk. Very Happy

;BMW;

ex:1986 K100 RT Vin #0091835

2012 R1200 GS

6Back to top Go down   Hello from Suffolk Empty Re: Hello from Suffolk Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:06 pm

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the forum...just be careful of the Aussies. By the way, what colour is your brick?

7Back to top Go down   Hello from Suffolk Empty Re: Hello from Suffolk Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:25 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Better not be red.
Welcome, from the land where it's cold, hot, wet and burning. You should come over and share some beers.
RT

8Back to top Go down   Hello from Suffolk Empty Re: Hello from Suffolk Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:00 pm

billk100rt

Charlie99: I'll need to remove all those dead insects stuck to my fairing before I borrow the wife's camera to take it's photograph!

Ainsjac: 204 Columbia Silver. That reminds me I must buy some touch up paint to repair all those stone chips that have accumulated over the years. I've got a BMW touch up paint stick but when I opened it the other week the contents had dried out. Suppose I can't grumble - it was 25 years old! My local BMW dealer in Essex tells me these touch up sticks are no longer available. Have found a place in Lincolnshire that does 100ml touch up paint tins including small brush and lacquer for £12 that seems a good price.

I met many Aussies (and South African) bikers throughout the 80's during my trips around Europe and they were always great guys. Lucky devils always seemed to be on 6-12 month vacations over here in Europe. Do Aussies still have these extended breaks every few years nowadays?

What's this joke about the colour red that I keep seeing in posts - is it something to do with blakey?

Bill

9Back to top Go down   Hello from Suffolk Empty Re: Hello from Suffolk Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:28 pm

Toto_jp

Platinum member
Platinum member
Welcome Bill you've come to the right place for info!
And your right Blakey with his RED DeOxite fixations and there is no known cure at present Smile

10Back to top Go down   Hello from Suffolk Empty Re: Hello from Suffolk Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:16 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Welcome to the forum Bill I am sure you will grow accustomed to the loonies here in the asylum.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

11Back to top Go down   Hello from Suffolk Empty Re: Hello from Suffolk Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:07 pm

Life time member
Life time member
K Freak wrote:Welcome to the forum Bill I am sure you will grow accustomed to the loonies here in the asylum.
I resemble that remark :geek:

12Back to top Go down   Hello from Suffolk Empty Re: Hello from Suffolk Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:13 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Welcome aboard, looking forward to your posts.
Regards,
K-BIKE

13Back to top Go down   Hello from Suffolk Empty Re: Hello from Suffolk Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:15 am

BEEJAY

BEEJAY
billk100rt wrote:
204 Columbia Silver. That reminds me I must buy some touch up paint to repair all those stone chips that have accumulated over the years. I've got a BMW touch up paint stick but when I opened it the other week the contents had dried out. Suppose I can't grumble - it was 25 years old! My local BMW dealer in Essex tells me these touch up sticks are no longer available. Have found a place in Lincolnshire that does 100ml touch up paint tins including small brush and lacquer for £12 that seems a good price.

Welcome to the forum. I have certainly found it to be friendly and informative.

For Paint sticks or aerosol cans you could also try kas-racepaint, they are on e-bay, or www.kasracepaint.co.uk

I used them for aerosol spray, 400ml can for £18. Delivery takes a few days as they make up the colour after you give them the paint code.

Cheers

Bryan

14Back to top Go down   Hello from Suffolk Empty Re: Hello from Suffolk Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:44 am

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool

Hi bill welcome to the forum.

BIG D

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum