BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Lokcs for side cases Empty Lokcs for side cases Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:27 pm

Domingo

Domingo
I've just purchased an 87 K 100 RS and surprisingly for me both side cases don't have key locks.

Could someone tell me if there are locks for them or should I change the side cases buckles?

Thanks before hand

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

2Back to top Go down   Lokcs for side cases Empty Re: Lokcs for side cases Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:02 am

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
Are they locked or unlocked right now? There is a key code on the buckle on the early ones. Do you have to lift up a little cover to put a little key in, or does the ignition key fit into the lock? That will tell us more about what kind you have.

1988 K100RS SE VIN 01477554

3Back to top Go down   Lokcs for side cases Empty Re: Lokcs for side cases Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:54 am

Domingo

Domingo
They don't have any lock and buckles don't seem to be prepared for having them.

I can open the side cases but the problem is that anyone could do it as well

I'll try to take some pictures for a better understanding.

Thanks for answering

4Back to top Go down   Lokcs for side cases Empty Re: Lokcs for side cases Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:48 am

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
I think you have the first generation cases. There is a little black tab on the top of the buckle that you can lift up and swing to the side. The keyhole is under this tab.

5Back to top Go down   Lokcs for side cases Empty Re: Lokcs for side cases Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:51 am

Domingo

Domingo
club_c wrote:I think you have the first generation cases. There is a little black tab on the top of the buckle that you can lift up and swing to the side. The keyhole is under this tab.

After reading your post I've realized that with the keyring I was given, apart of the ignition keys and topcase keys, there were a couple of smaler keys that the previous owner didn't know where they were from. I'll see if they're the sidecases' keys.

I'll keep you up to date about that matter.

Smile Smile Smile

6Back to top Go down   Lokcs for side cases Empty Re: Lokcs for side cases Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:56 am

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
Yes those locks use a smaller key, something like a suitcase key. I bet you've got everything you need.

7Back to top Go down   Lokcs for side cases Empty Re: Lokcs for side cases Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:17 pm

Life time member
Life time member
Domingo, I had the same experience with my cases. I got a tiny key that didn't seem to go anywhere until I got the cases off and saw the little black tab Club C refers to. Now I have replaced the gasket (rubber seal) on the case lids and have everything locking even the cases lock to the bike. Feels much more secure knowing they are locked on.

88KE

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

8Back to top Go down   Lokcs for side cases Empty Re: Lokcs for side cases Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:00 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
Lokcs for side cases 2011-110

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

9Back to top Go down   Lokcs for side cases Empty Re: Lokcs for side cases Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:31 am

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
+1 Charlie!

10Back to top Go down   Lokcs for side cases Empty Re: Lokcs for side cases Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:31 am

Domingo

Domingo
Yeaah, that's like mine.

Thank you so much guys.

I'm very pleased to belong to this forum.

I hope some day to be able to help someone here.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum