BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Moto Smith

Moto Smith
Silver member
Silver member
I have an 87 K100 RS with a Pichler (I believe PK2) fairing.
The mirrors point east and west and spin upon any riding.
Anyone have any experience in replacing said mirrors Question

http://www.markaspery.com

K75cster

K75cster
Life time member
Life time member
G'Day Smith do you mean the mirrors spin in their housing or the ball socket the mount with wont keep them still? The latter is maybe a shim job but the first one would be difficult if they are convex or multi dimensional. I'm not fond of those mirrors that state the objects are close than they appear. mostly because they're too close to begin with. A pic would be nice. Keith

The Clever are adept at extricating themselves from situations that the wise would have avoided from the outset - QUOTE from david Hillel in Out of the Earth.

Moto Smith

Moto Smith
Silver member
Silver member
K75cster wrote:G'Day Smith do you mean the mirrors spin in their housing or the ball socket the mount with wont keep them still? The latter is maybe a shim job but the first one would be difficult if they are convex or multi dimensional. I'm not fond of those mirrors that state the objects are close than they appear. mostly because they're too close to begin with. A pic would be nice. Keith

The mirrors were useless - I couldn't see directly behind me (but somewhere off to the left and right)
Then, Once positioned as best as I could, they would move while riding.
Fix,
I went with aftermarket mirrors for the Kawasaki sports bikes - they look very similar.
Cheers, MS

http://www.markaspery.com

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum