BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Hano from Boston Empty Hano from Boston Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:43 pm

hano

Hano from Boston IMG_0608

Hano from Boston IMG_1049

Finally figured out how to post pics today, so it seems time to introduce myself. Got this 85 K100 last spring with about 44,000 miles on it. Have a chopper ('72 ironhead) that was always acting up. Upon witnessing me kicking the dirt and throwing my hat after it's latest breakdown and run to get tools to get it back home, my wife said out loud, "can't you just get a bike that runs?" That was all I needed. This wonderful K was mine 3 weeks later. I was able to put almost 2500 miles on this summer, one trip was up to the App Gap in Vermont (top picture). The ironhead issue is an easy fix (don't tell my wife) but I haven't touched it since I bought this Bmer. It's going to be sitting for a while. The K has changed my life. I wish I had done it earlier, but being 45 has helped tone down at least a bit of my foolishness, and helps me appreciate the advantages this bike offers. I just got a windscreen actuator motor and frame from an r1150rt and am going to fit it into the Pichler pk1 front fairing. But the wiring has me confounded. I've searched around on the board, but still don't understand some of the answers. Gives me something to ruminate over...

Hano

2Back to top Go down   Hano from Boston Empty Re: Hano from Boston Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:23 pm

caferacer62

caferacer62
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the forum Hano, I bought my K after a owning a few metric cruisers. I love the K for comfort and it was the right price too.

You will find plenty of good info on here, just ask if you get stuck and one of the resident Guru's will probably now how to fix it. Very Happy

Great pics of the bike and the background.

Don't give in to the Black Dog!
"A Zorst, a zorst my kingdom for a Zorst"

Hano from Boston 170874

3Back to top Go down   Hano from Boston Empty Re: Hano from Boston Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:38 pm

bushyintas

bushyintas
Silver member
Silver member
Hello Hano & welcome

I like the look of your fairing. do your legs get hot like on the RT's?

Great scenery>

regards Bushy

k100 RT 1988 #0095723
K100 RT 1984 into Custom Single seat.  #0024503

4Back to top Go down   Hano from Boston Empty Re: Hano from Boston Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:01 am

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Nice Hano, welcome. That scenery looks great.
I can't wait for it to stop raining here and get on the road.
Cheers RT

5Back to top Go down   Hano from Boston Empty Re: Hano from Boston Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:36 am

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the forum. If you are insane you will feel right at home.

6Back to top Go down   Hano from Boston Empty Re: Hano from Boston Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:18 am

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool

Greatings and welcome to the forum hano, nice bike.

BIG D

7Back to top Go down   Hano from Boston Empty Re: Hano from Boston Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:59 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Welcome to the forum Hano. All your questions will be answered and surprisingly enough most will make sense.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

8Back to top Go down   Hano from Boston Empty Re: Hano from Boston Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:07 am

Life time member
Life time member
Welcome Hano, good trick that...getting SWMBO to approve the purschase first!

I too like the fairing and the front mudguard (fender) looks different. More pics please!

88KE

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

9Back to top Go down   Hano from Boston Empty Re: Hano from Boston Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:27 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Hano,
Welcome aboard great to have you with us.
Regards,
K-BIKE

10Back to top Go down   Hano from Boston Empty Re: Hano from Boston Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:22 pm

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome aboard Hano. I really like the looks of that fairing! Cool

OG

11Back to top Go down   Hano from Boston Empty Re: Hano from Boston Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:33 am

g35corona

g35corona
Silver member
Silver member
Welcome aboard Hano. The front fender/ fairing combination are a great complement to an already beautiful bike.....obviously my unbiased view.

;BMW;

ex:1986 K100 RT Vin #0091835

2012 R1200 GS

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum