BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

MT350Explorer

MT350Explorer
Life time member
Life time member
Hi,

OK guys here's an easy one that the owners handbook seems to overlook.

What are the 3 rocker switches from left to right on the bike above?

I think it might be: Blank (no switch): Hazard switch; ABS switch...

but would appreciate confirmation

Many thanks

Dave

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Dave,
You are exactly right the blank is to enable a fog light etc. switch to be fitted. I used my blank to host a warning LED for a voltage monitoring circuit that monitors battery voltage whilst the ignition is on. The LED goes in the middle of the square recess used for the label on a switch so it looks just like a switch with an indicator LED.
Regards,
K-BIKE

MT350Explorer

MT350Explorer
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks K-Bike, the switches are worn and/or broken so it was not clear. How do they come out please?
Many thanks
Dave

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
Push them out from behind.

Inge K.

MT350Explorer

MT350Explorer
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks Inge K

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
At the bottom of the "crash pad" the plastic trim around the switches are two Allen screws if you take them out you can raise the crash pad up and get underneath plus check all connections to the switches.
Regards,
K-BIKE

MT350Explorer

MT350Explorer
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks, K-BIKE. I bought some of that contact cleaner you talk about so will give the contacts a good clean-up and check over.
Cheers
Dave

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
Seen a picture of your rocker switches in the thread "changing grips", FYI Motorworks got the symbol plates as a separate item.

Inge K.

MT350Explorer

MT350Explorer
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks Inge, the whole switch is kaput; seized solid, missing light and as you saw missing symbol plate so I've bought a new one.

Best
Dave

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
MT350Explorer wrote: seized solid, missing light
Newer ones is delivered without a indicator light, also on your new one I`ll guess?

Inge K.

Toto_jp

Platinum member
Platinum member
And anyone buying from Munich Motorcycles best buy from our favourite UK supplier as it has no light or face plate Sad I know thought give them a try and they had to order it in (3 week wait ) but least its black and looks original

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
I`ll guess you have ordered a additional switch, which is delivered without a symbol plate.

The only switch which did have a indicator light was the hazard switch, but that is also
history since around `93.

Inge K.

MT350Explorer

MT350Explorer
Life time member
Life time member
Well therein lies a tale Inge! I first ordered a used one but it was rubbish - seized solid and heavily corroded so sent it back and bought a new one WITH symbol plate. Today I fitted the new (used) ABS switch and hazard switch and both work. The end of the story is that I was fitting the symbol plate as the last, finishing touch (it is packaged separately) when it popped out of the hole; I heard it fall but could not find it despite looking for hours and even dissassembling some of the fairing. Very frustrating. So....I will need to order another! Very Happy

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
Well, my experience is: if you order a additional switch through a official BMW dealer, it`s delivered without a symbol plate.
If you order order a switch for specific use (ABS, hazard, heated handles, lift screen) it`s delivered with a symbol plate.

Inge K.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum