BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

sensei

Hi guys, I need to remove lower part - left and right side - of the fairing on my LT. How much do I have to remove and do I need to remove the inner (black) fairing part? How is the procedure step-by-step? Question

Thanks for any advise.

Cheers

/Finn

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
I sent you a PM with a link.

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
easy ...just time consuming finn ....good luck !!!

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Don't lose any screws, whoops probably shouldn't have said that.
RT

Rjtrucker

Silver member
Silver member
I had a fan fail at the MOA rally last summer. I had to remove both sides and radiator cover. The hard part was I had to remove the radio to get the left glove box out. You need to remove both glove boxes and the black inner faring. You also need to remove the crash guards.nthat was the hard part for me. I could not find a socket to fit inside the tube of the crash guard. Mine bike is a k11lt but it is the same process on the K100. Lots of screws and does take time. The 100 plus temps didn't help.

93 K11LT
85 K100RS
85 K100RS turbo project.
And a load of K100 projects and parts.

sensei

Thanks for your advise. Still waiting for the new part to arrive. It's an insurance claim, as the damage to the fairing was caused by the transport company who brought the bike from Germany to my home. But, with temperatures of -15 to -20 in Denmark right now, who cares. I'm not keen to work in an non-heated garage - even if it's on my K100 Blizzard

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Man you guys are tough, no wonder your alcohol is so strong.
Best of luck
RT

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
They use the alchol like antifreeze, purely medicinal purposes you understand.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

sensei

Thanks to all for the advise. It's Saturday, snowing and freezing outside - I'll remain in front of the fireplace - and take my 'medicine' Wink

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
Do not exceed the amount of medication in relation to what the doctor has recommended,
in order to avoid the medical kickback tomorrow morning.

Inge K.

sensei

Hi Inge, I will certainly take your advise, when it comes to 'medication' my experience tells me that you guys knows best.... Wink

Cheers

/Finn

Life time member
Life time member
I agree with Inge! You don't want the "medicine" to be worse than the "ailment". Otherwise you have to take more "medecine" the next morning...In Ireland we actually call this morning dose "the cure" ! Removing lower side part of fairing on LT 187214

88KE

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

Ewestland

Ewestland
I am new here and just got a 1985 K100RT, I am needing instructions on removing lower fairing also.
I saw that someone had a link or something,
Thanks in advance.
Eric

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Eric, stick up an introduction in the new members section and after you've made a few posts you can request access to the download section where there are manuals.

To remove the lower LT/RT panels it is first necessary to remove the inner knee panel. Work from the bottom up to do this. The pocket/glovebox needs to be removed. This gives you access to the screws.
88KE

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

15Back to top Go down   Removing lower side part of fairing on LT Empty Removing Lower fairings on a RT Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:25 pm

Ewestland

Ewestland
Crazy Frog wrote:I sent you a PM with a link.

I need that procedure also to remove lower fairings on my RT if you could send me the link also it would be much appreciated!
Thanks in Advance.
Eric

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
The procedure is in the download section.
Send me a pm to request the password.
CF

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum