BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

51Back to top Go down   Service Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Service Day Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:42 am

charlie99

VIP
VIP
Very Happy

lol dave, hes a mate .....not going there old salt !

but would be a great story round the bar huh ?Service Day - Page 2 502531

but i should add that he has far more issues to worry about from alby ......and his grenades and foot mines and other stuff .....giggle

this will be fun ...dontchu worry about that

52Back to top Go down   Service Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Service Day Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:49 am

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
CanberraDave wrote:To stop him snoring, you just tuck him in and give him a kiss on the cheek goodnight. He will stay awake all night watching you.cheers

Service Day - Page 2 44271 Brave words when there is a meatworker around (apparently we are of questionable morals) !!! Now you can both lay awake watching and wondering Twisted Evil

Be afraid, very afraid.....now where is that land mine???

53Back to top Go down   Service Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Service Day Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:58 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
just a few days to go guys ...get those parts rounded up ....

7.00 am at the bp (northbound) near cabulture

itll be good to get together again .

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

54Back to top Go down   Service Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Service Day Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:03 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
[quote="Albyalbatross1"]
CanberraDave wrote:To stop him snoring, you just tuck him in and give him a kiss on the cheek goodnight. He will stay awake all night watching you.cheers
Be afraid, very afraid.....now where is that land mine???

Just laughing out loud! I was rolling on the floor and my wife asked me what was wrong.

I want a picture!

55Back to top Go down   Service Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Service Day Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:11 pm

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Caboolture Travel Centre (BP servo, MuckDonalds etc) on the Northbound side of the M1.

A kilometre or so north of EXIT 146.

7:00am kick off.

PM me if ya want my mobile number.

Be there or be square.

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

56Back to top Go down   Service Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Service Day Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:13 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I will be at Kingaroy but after lunch time . I have a couple of calls to make on the way.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

57Back to top Go down   Service Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Service Day Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:20 pm

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
No sweat. See you up there.

58Back to top Go down   Service Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Service Day Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:31 pm

FreebasserSF

FreebasserSF
Silver member
Silver member
I would love it if you guys would take pictures of any interesting procedures you might find your selves doing! Also if you made this "service day" more broad and it became a way to list which parts you need (like o-rings, gaskets, crush washers, one-time circlips, nylon-insert nuts, etc...) to replace for each service task you might perform. This would probably be helpful to many people I'm guessing. Sounds like you're all going to have great fun.

59Back to top Go down   Service Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Service Day Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:43 am

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
FreebasserSF wrote:I would love it if you guys would take pictures of any interesting procedures you might find your selves doing! Also if you made this "service day" more broad and it became a way to list which parts you need (like o-rings, gaskets, crush washers, one-time circlips, nylon-insert nuts, etc...) to replace for each service task you might perform. This would probably be helpful to many people I'm guessing. Sounds like you're all going to have great fun.

FreebasserSF..if there is not too much tomfoolery going on in the background, I will endeavor to have them do so!!! bounce

ALSO>>> If you have a folding chair please bring it with you.

60Back to top Go down   Service Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Service Day Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:05 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
"Sounds like you're all going to have great fun."

You're kidding?

First we have to mow his front yard, then his back yard. Clean out the grease traps. Wash the cars.
Clean out the gutters...then we might have time to work on the bikes!

And he needs more chairs because he has them all over the yard while he keeps and eye on us!

61Back to top Go down   Service Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Service Day Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:34 am

gmlc

gmlc
blakey wrote:
First we have to mow his front yard, then his back yard. Clean out the grease traps. Wash the cars.
Clean out the gutters...then we might have time to work on the bikes!

ROFL. Only thing missing is paint his house Wink I can bring a brush of course.

62Back to top Go down   Service Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Service Day Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:51 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
we did post pics of our fabulous ...workshop day ...remember the ic 3000 ....

well i guess we could have done a bit more of the routine of the filters and stuff .....as a documentation i guess

and i promise you wont be seeing blakey in all his snoring slendour .....grin ,,,oops now i did it ...Service Day - Page 2 112350 sleep is sacred blakey dont worry , well from me at least .

but a good idea ...sorry to say the stuff i have planned is kinda "been done before ".. oil and water pump seals ...

but you never know what can be found huh ? should i risk a throttle body rubbers change ....new plugs and an injector service ?

'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

63Back to top Go down   Service Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Service Day Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:33 am

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
charlie99 wrote:w should i risk a throttle body rubbers change ....new plugs and an injector service ?

Hell yeas!!!!! WE got time and tools... It what it is all about!!

64Back to top Go down   Service Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Service Day Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:47 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
I've got 4 injectors to refurbish (I've got the filters and "o" rings).
An upgrade earth cable kit from Euro Motoelectrics.
A rebuild kit for my rear caliper.
That'll do for now.

65Back to top Go down   Service Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Service Day Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:49 am

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
Blakey..Dont forget your brake fluid, carb cleaner. I have black engine enamel for caliper if you need it.

66Back to top Go down   Service Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Service Day Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:07 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Will do.

67Back to top Go down   Service Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Service Day Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:13 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
nice touch blakey ...

i have extra filters and rings etc in case we need them ....also bringing carb cleaner and brake fluid wet and dry super glue etc

just got to check that i have enough ring clips for the rubbers ...

68Back to top Go down   Service Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Service Day Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:11 am

caferacer62

caferacer62
Life time member
Life time member
charlie99 wrote:nice touch blakey ...

i have extra filters and rings etc in case we need them ....also bringing carb cleaner and brake fluid wet and dry super glue etc

just got to check that i have enough ring clips for the rubbers ...

Geez Charlie, you guys sure are going to Alby's armed and dangerous.
If i can find someone who stocks the small argon bottles i could bring my inverter tig welder along. Smile
That could make for some interesting times.
Really looking forward to getting up there on sunday,hope the weather ain't too crap.

Don't give in to the Black Dog!
"A Zorst, a zorst my kingdom for a Zorst"

Service Day - Page 2 170874

69Back to top Go down   Service Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Service Day Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:13 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
oh i got tons ...new timing chain kit ...brake disks, pads and lots more ......but where do you draw the line eh ? giggle ...

be good to see ya bert 2.0

cheers mate

70Back to top Go down   Service Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Service Day Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:57 am

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
I have got all we need for lunch and tea on saturday. You wil have to get whatever drinks you want for durng the day. I have the usual tank water and coffee here, so if you want cokes or the likes pick up when you get here from IGA if you want.

71Back to top Go down   Service Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Service Day Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:00 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
just a heads up ....ill be meeting bean at the shell on the gateway northbound nundah oops nudgee beach turnof ? at about 6.30 am

if this help folks

where are you comming from gmic ?

then onto caboolture for the 7.00am meet with blakey

looks like we might get damp feet ....but no worries here .....just rugg up for it in case

Last edited by charlie99 on Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:17 am; edited 1 time in total

72Back to top Go down   Service Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Service Day Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:12 am

gmlc

gmlc
Thanks Alby, am looking forward to this. Smile

Charlie, I' was going to duck up Gympie Rd rather than Gateway but considering that meet point is closer and I prefer Shell fuel Wink I'll meet you guys there if that's ok.

Cheers

Edit: ps I presume it's the Nudgee Shell Super Centre just before the Brisbane Entertainment turnoff.

Edit 2. Charlie, from Mt Gravatt

73Back to top Go down   Service Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Service Day Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:22 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
yep thats the one mate .....

great minds think alike ...

im coming in from southern suburbs ... through roma st, caxton, the icb then kingsford smith, and the gateway .

just an other heads up ,,,alby has quite a big room at the back of his shed .....i guess thats where well be camping for the night ,,,so maybe we dont need to bring tents etc .....but sleeping bag pillow underlay etc ...whatever you need to make you stop snoring ? giggle

just talked to bean ...he may be bringing his trailer as well (just to carry the esky ?? )

looking forward to the meet

cheers

Last edited by charlie99 on Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:50 am; edited 1 time in total

74Back to top Go down   Service Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Service Day Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:45 am

gmlc

gmlc
Thanks Charlie. Have got the tent, sleeping bag, foam mat, etc already packed in the top case. Depends on weather as to if I pitch tent I think, after blakey gave the snoring warning/disclaimer the tent was looking attractive regardless Wink

Looking forward to it, catch you in the morn.
Greg

75Back to top Go down   Service Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Service Day Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:01 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Remind me to tell you the funny story about my snoring.

The odd shower here now. I'll soon find out how my wet weather gear will work!

See ya'll at the BP Caboolture.

Last edited by blakey on Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : i'm an idjit.)

76Back to top Go down   Service Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Service Day Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:04 am

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
charlie99 wrote:

just an other heads up ,,,alby has quite a big room at the back of his shed .....i guess thats where well be camping for the night ,,,so maybe
Keep guessing!!!!!!!!

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

77Back to top Go down   Service Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Service Day Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:13 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
.....oh ? .......shoot !!!!

Service Day - Page 2 178468 Service Day - Page 2 3041425650

78Back to top Go down   Service Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Service Day Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:37 am

Ghost who rides

Ghost who rides
Life time member
Life time member
I'm with you in spirit guys , have a safe ride and tweek them bricks to the max ! I'd pop up for the weekend but my son has his engagement party sat nite , that and the shortage of $2k holding me back.You guys are raising the bar , setting the pace ......can't wait for the report s .

79Back to top Go down   Service Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Service Day Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:40 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
"can't wait for the reports."

Wow, no pressure! Very Happy

We're just a bunch of blokes having a go. Doing a bit, having a laugh, not taking things too seriously.
Don't expect too much from us! bounce Sleep drunken

80Back to top Go down   Service Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Service Day Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:32 pm

Ghost who rides

Ghost who rides
Life time member
Life time member
No pressure Blakey , sunday night will be fine !
Enjoy .

81Back to top Go down   Service Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Service Day Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:05 pm

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
A good weekend so far....The poor old dears are all still sleeping!!!!!!! Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep

82Back to top Go down   Service Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Service Day Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:17 am

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
The last K-bike is now in the shed for the night and all her playmates have started the ride home. They should all be there safe and sound in around three hours. Charlie, Blakey, Beanoldboy,caferacer,Rick-G and Greg (cant think of his user).

It was good to see a new face..Greg. Once again it was good weekend, with knowledge shared, some simple and not so simple repairs and servicing done. I will the others tell of their experiences. Nick and I enjoyed everyones company, and all had a good time with a lot of laughter.

caferacers Naked K is IMPRESSIVE.....Simple and neat! I will post some pics this evening. got to sort out some of em.

83Back to top Go down   Service Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Service Day Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:13 am

CanberraDave

CanberraDave
Gold member
Gold member
Sounds like a fun weekend Alby. Maybe next time you can hook up your webcam in the shed for us poor minions down south to watch the shenanigans. My K is now almost ready to roll. You do not know which of the three wires out of the dash switches are power, earth, accessory do you?

VIN # 0097704

What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

84Back to top Go down   Service Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Service Day Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:19 am

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
Not 100% sure but I think red=Power

Grey/Blue =accessory/acc plug

Green=Power to load shed relay

Grey= power to BMU

85Back to top Go down   Service Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Service Day Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:39 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
WHITE IS THE NEW RED!!

Caferacer's DAMNED IMPRESSIVE bike has filled my head with ideas. Stay tuned!

Excellent weekend. A big thank you to Alby and Nic once again. Great hosts and nothing was too much trouble!
Good friends, good food, good ideas bandied about!

Thanks guys.

86Back to top Go down   Service Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Service Day Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:54 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
a great weekend ...thanks alby and nic ...again ..most gracious hosts ....

great to meet newish guys ...greg(gmlc ) and nathan(beanoldboy ) and welcome them to the whole meets and greets,rides and stuff ...and hope they become regular travellers with our mob "around here" (good guys) when time allows them to .they have awesome bikes and a great attitude .

good to catch up with rickg ...blakey ..careracer62, alby and of corse nic

a supurlative meal on saturday night ...followed by an awsome breakfast sunday morning ...lots of good stories ..and great banter ..some edumacation and routine fixes accomplished to keep our bikes on the road and trouble free ..

cheers you guysService Day - Page 2 502531 ...one and all

Last edited by charlie99 on Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:59 am; edited 1 time in total

87Back to top Go down   Service Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Service Day Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:58 am

beanoldboy

beanoldboy
Life time member
Life time member
i have arrived home safe and sound not a drop the whole way unlike the trip up which was a bit rainy in places, i did get the benefit of the full rt fairing and arrived dry and the trailer and boxes have kept the water out also .hoorah i will tow that trailer again, i disappears from behind the bimmeras soon as my feet leave the groung and only reappears at the lights and destination as if by magic. . The option of seasonal bikes came up, that being the idea of a fully dressed rt or lt for the winter and rain and a naked k for cruising and summer sojourns. An absolute pleasure to meet some for the first time, always good to keep the company of those with whom i was already acquainted. Thoroughly enjoyed the weekend, from the welcome reception , the geniune country hospitality and home cooked food, talking long into the wee small hours, an astute display of mechanical knowledge and its practical application (I can watch hard work get done all day) to a diverse and excellent collection of K bikes (a Klaggle of K's?). thank you alby . and thank you all gentlemen and lady for a weekend well spent. i trust everyone got home ok ?
over . . ,
bean

http://www.airware.com.au

88Back to top Go down   Service Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Service Day Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:21 am

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
blakey wrote:WHITE IS THE NEW RED!!

Caferacer's DAMNED IMPRESSIVE bike has filled my head with ideas. Stay tuned!

You all most welcome anytime!!
I have not been able to get this out of my head either...It is still a K but not!!
Service Day - Page 2 Naked_13
Service Day - Page 2 Naked_14
Service Day - Page 2 Naked_15
Service Day - Page 2 Naked_16

And HERE are some K Bikes leaving

Last edited by Albyalbatross1 on Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : bugger..)

89Back to top Go down   Service Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Service Day Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:38 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
nice one alby ...cheers buddie

90Back to top Go down   Service Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Service Day Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:43 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Great photos Alby, but they really don't do the bike justice. You must see it in the flesh.

91Back to top Go down   Service Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Service Day Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:47 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I left mid morning and got rained on all the way to Warwick then sunshine for the rest to Stanthorpe.
Thanks to Alby and Nicole for a great spread and was good to put faces to names.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

92Back to top Go down   Service Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Service Day Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:49 am

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
Here is some Pics from the weekend. They are random..Any comments to add just PM to me and Ill drop em in.
Service Day - Page 2 Gepett11

Service Day - Page 2 Resize53
Service Day - Page 2 Resize54
Service Day - Page 2 New_bl10
Service Day - Page 2 Naked_17
Service Day - Page 2 Resize56
Service Day - Page 2 Resize57
Service Day - Page 2 New_bl11
Service Day - Page 2 Resize58
Service Day - Page 2 Resize59
Service Day - Page 2 All_go10
Service Day - Page 2 Resize60

Last edited by Albyalbatross1 on Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot beanoldboy..)

93Back to top Go down   Service Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Service Day Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:29 pm

Life time member
Life time member
It sure looks like you guys had a great time. Thanks for posting the pics and vid Alby, it's really cool to be able to put faces AND sounds to our forum friends.

Big up to all cheers

88KE

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

94Back to top Go down   Service Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Service Day Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:16 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Thanks for the posting Alby.
It seems that you have a lot of fun on the other side of the pond.
Service Day - Page 2 502531

95Back to top Go down   Service Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Service Day Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:27 pm

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
+1 Great pics mate! Cool I hope to do this sort of thing in my neck of the woods some day...

96Back to top Go down   Service Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Service Day Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:29 pm

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
Charlie rebuilt his water/oil pump. You can see this and his comments HERE

97Back to top Go down   Service Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Service Day Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:16 pm

gmlc

gmlc
My many thanks to Alby and Nicole for hosting the event, and for Alby taking me under his wing and helping me with many things. And for also giving me my first introduction to a true outback-style camp stew, it was awesome! (now next time to watch him and steal the recipe Wink )

Also many thanks to all the guys (Charlie, Neil, Rick and Nathan) for their warm welcomes and affable natures. Was pity I had to duck off early and only got a chance to briefly meet Bert but got to see his naked K-bike at least.

Was a great event and am looking forward to being able to make the next meet. Now to make a shopping/wishlist of those little things I need to consider addressing.

Greg

98Back to top Go down   Service Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Service Day Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:19 pm

caferacer62

caferacer62
Life time member
Life time member
It was great to get up to Alby's on sunday. Even though it was only for a couple of hours.
A more genuine and accomodating person i have yet to meet. It was great to meet up with Charlie,Blakey,Beano and Gmlc. Sorry i wasn't albe to make it up for the night time shenanigans, looks like they had fun.
Charlie's was still in pieces when i got there at 11.00am but by 3.30pm we were on our way home. Impressive hands on knowledge from all.
Thanks for the great comments on my Naked K. I'm happy with the results, now just gotta get the suspension set up better. Bit too harsh for my liking.
Look forward too seeing you all soon.
The photo's don't do Alby's man cave justice. He has an impressive array of toys(tools) at his disposal.

Don't give in to the Black Dog!
"A Zorst, a zorst my kingdom for a Zorst"

Service Day - Page 2 170874

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum