BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Did someone mention Spring??? Empty Did someone mention Spring??? Mon May 14, 2012 2:31 pm

ffbikersa

ffbikersa
Platinum member
Platinum member
This picture was taken b4 some 2 hrs... Shocked
Did someone mention Spring??? K_100_13

2Back to top Go down   Did someone mention Spring??? Empty Re: Did someone mention Spring??? Mon May 14, 2012 8:13 pm

electric_monk

electric_monk
Silver member
Silver member
The question is, Does it stop you riding?

Did someone mention Spring??? 100_0410

3Back to top Go down   Did someone mention Spring??? Empty Re: Did someone mention Spring??? Mon May 14, 2012 8:36 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
I know very well the feeling of going for a ride on a good day and coming back with the snow.
I saw snow storms as late as the end of May. At that time all the trees have their full foliage and it makes substantial damages when the branches break under the weight of snow.

Don't worry, Sunday will be a nice day to ride.

4Back to top Go down   Did someone mention Spring??? Empty Re: Did someone mention Spring??? Mon May 14, 2012 10:19 pm

ffbikersa

ffbikersa
Platinum member
Platinum member
Crazy Frog wrote:I know very well the feeling of going for a ride on a good day and coming back with the snow.
I saw snow storms as late as the end of May. At that time all the trees have their full foliage and it makes substantial damages when the branches break under the weight of snow.

Don't worry, Sunday will be a nice day to ride.

That's what happened today in Sarajevo, with a very wet, heavy snow - so many broken branches and even whole trees blocking the streets.

Sunday sunny? Why I have a feeling it always rains for the weekend??? Surprised

5Back to top Go down   Did someone mention Spring??? Empty Re: Did someone mention Spring??? Mon May 14, 2012 10:24 pm

ffbikersa

ffbikersa
Platinum member
Platinum member
electric_monk wrote:The question is, Does it stop you riding?

Did someone mention Spring??? 100_0410

The building where I used to have a flat, had underground garage with exit ramp facing north, always in the shade. So it happened a few times that although snow & ice have already thawed on the streets, it was still looking like an ice-skating ring. Now, where is that shovel, and few killograms of kitchen salt?

6Back to top Go down   Did someone mention Spring??? Empty Re: Did someone mention Spring??? Mon May 14, 2012 10:38 pm

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
Brrr...it got down to a chilly (for us) 8 degrees this morning, but the sun is shining and it will be 22 before too long. Yesterday was record cold for the year! This is only Autumn approaching Winter. I would never ever again live where I could not ride all the year round. I spent many years in the New England states of the US and in the Pacific Northwest, New Mexico & also Devon, UK. Nuh, too bloody cold for my bones. Kudos to those who can and do....but it does free up a heap of spare time when you're not able to ride to do bike maintenance.

The Mystic, Big Block, 2nd K1200RS, K12R & K13 are running & ridable.

7Back to top Go down   Did someone mention Spring??? Empty Re: Did someone mention Spring??? Mon May 14, 2012 10:58 pm

ffbikersa

ffbikersa
Platinum member
Platinum member
Guest in the House wrote:Brrr...it got down to a chilly (for us) 8 degrees this morning, but the sun is shining and it will be 22 before too long. Yesterday was record cold for the year! This is only Autumn approaching Winter. I would never ever again live where I could not ride all the year round. I spent many years in the New England states of the US and in the Pacific Northwest, New Mexico & also Devon, UK. Nuh, too bloody cold for my bones. Kudos to those who can and do....but it does free up a heap of spare time when you're not able to ride to do bike maintenance.
Well it's not only a matter of snow, some places are damn wet and misty too. When I moved to the Netherlands back in 2002, that summer I never rode to A'dam without getting wet in the way there, or way back from the small town where I lived, or both. That's a land for taking your goldfish for a walk, not for riding the bike (and from a few visits to England, looks quite similar).
My town is in the river valley in the hills, 550 meters altitude, but now while I look for a new appartment to rent, I take good care that it's down in the valley, where streets are flat and usually snow gets cleaned quickly, and not somewhere at the hill slopes - because I DO ride in winter too, as long as the temperature does not drop to the freezing point during the day.

8Back to top Go down   Did someone mention Spring??? Empty Waiting for rain to stop Mon May 28, 2012 8:40 am

ffbikersa

ffbikersa
Platinum member
Platinum member
Not that it never rains in Sarajevo either - last week or two were EXTREMELY wet. My poor, poor bike, waiting for some sun Did someone mention Spring??? My_k_110

9Back to top Go down   Did someone mention Spring??? Empty Re: Did someone mention Spring??? Mon May 28, 2012 10:42 am

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Do you know what comes after 2 rainy days?

Monday!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum