BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   The Next Aussie Gathering Empty The Next Aussie Gathering Tue May 22, 2012 2:56 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
We had some discussion on this at Esk but I don't remember (beer) if there was a decision or even a suggestion.
I would suggest somewhere more central for the East coast maybe central west NSW so most have a one day ride to get there or 2 easy days from SA and as for West Oz well why did you park it way over there.
For those who don't know Perth, the West Australian Capital City is the most remote Capital City in the world. It's a wonder they don't complain even more.
Suggestions please and then we will appoint a ring leader to do the arduous task of visiting the pub to sample the wears.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

2Back to top Go down   The Next Aussie Gathering Empty Re: The Next Aussie Gathering Tue May 22, 2012 3:51 am

Rickmeister

Rickmeister
Life time member
Life time member
R., a couple of years ago, I went on a fund raiser ride called the "Snowy Ride", originally organised by the Honda Goldwing fraternity. It was on in early November, and daresay it will be on again this year. It was HUGE!! A week or two after this event (say mid November), would be an ideal time.
Group lodgings are available at a place called "The Station", about 6Km out of Jindabyne, which caters for many large groups during the ski season. This even has a pub associated with it!!
For those who haven't ridden around these parts, it offers truly magnificent rides, Alpine Way, Snowy Mountain Highway, and lots of interconnecting roads in between.
It's now a comfortable 6-7 hour ride from Maitland.
So...Tasmania is a bit out my reach at the minute, need at least 2 weeks and a fair bit of cash (which I'm a little bit lean on at the minute). Not that Tassie is out of the question, but I will need at least a year to re-group financially.
My hat in the ring points to the Snowy.
Rickmeister.

3Back to top Go down   The Next Aussie Gathering Empty Re: The Next Aussie Gathering Tue May 22, 2012 4:23 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I was thinking of a long weekend with just a Saturday night gathering.
We have discussed the Tas trip but feel that it is out of the question for next year
I like the idea of the Jyndabine Gathering.
I was thinking somewhere like Gulgong or that area for early October 2012. It is hard to know because a trip away then takes from the finances for a Tas trip.
We have a while yet so we will run it up the mast and see who salutes.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

4Back to top Go down   The Next Aussie Gathering Empty Re: The Next Aussie Gathering Tue May 22, 2012 4:24 am

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
There was a mention of a 'tech day' at RT's place in Robertson along with a Snowy Mountains ride route. Can both be done? Movember is a good month for venturing southwards.

Sign me on too.

5Back to top Go down   The Next Aussie Gathering Empty Re: The Next Aussie Gathering Tue May 22, 2012 4:32 am

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
I am happy, if people are agreeable, to have something in the central west. You have Gulgong and do a trip to Bathurst and Orange. No doubt Col would be in it as well. If we do that I will volunteer my services in any capacity.

6Back to top Go down   The Next Aussie Gathering Empty Re: The Next Aussie Gathering Tue May 22, 2012 4:40 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Ah a tech day at RTs that stired the greycells yeah. Not only do I have a sore nose from the op but I caught a dose of lurgi as well so the cells are almost black.
That could be a week long thing and does RT have 4 bike lifts affraid

7Back to top Go down   The Next Aussie Gathering Empty The Next Aussie Gathering Wed May 23, 2012 4:29 am

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
If I mention the bike lifts 4 days in a row to my mother in law I might come up with 4 of them.
There 's a pub here in Robertson, a bit better than Boonah and of course I make my own beer with pure tank water (and a few dead rats and birdcrap) so well catered for. 5 acres of parking and guaranteed to rain.
All welcome. The Snowy ride would be great but is a good distance for those cane toadies to come down.
RT

8Back to top Go down   The Next Aussie Gathering Empty Re: The Next Aussie Gathering Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:36 am

So....are there any plans for this?

9Back to top Go down   The Next Aussie Gathering Empty Re: The Next Aussie Gathering Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:48 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
thats starting to make sence rt .......well a stopover down at your place at least ...on the way to jindabine

sounds good to me

a big haul for us northern mob but doeable ...more likely a night stopover around the hunter area would be agreeable and then onto robertson ...maybe via the awesome putty road ?....

then to cooma etc ..

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

10Back to top Go down   The Next Aussie Gathering Empty Re: The Next Aussie Gathering Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:42 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
We need to be mindful that these get togethers have the capacity to turn into bigger and bigger rides and with that will come a smaller attendance.

If there is going to be a Tassie trip in March 2013 then having a week long ride in November will dry up holidays etc for some and money for others.

Any time before November is not a good idea if the Snowy is to be part of it and that means planning around the big Snowy Ride, Accomodation in that area is very heavily booked the weekend before and after that weekend so it needs to be last w/e in October or 3 or 4th w/e in November which is putting is very close to christmas and that keeps folks away.

The Araluen weekend was very successful so maybe we need to work on that style for another one where we can attract some of the Victorian members and possibly from South Oz as well.
As I said earlier I will not be able to make a Tas trip in March 2013 and would prefer it to be in November 2013 but that is a personal preference.

11Back to top Go down   The Next Aussie Gathering Empty Re: The Next Aussie Gathering Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:45 am

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
If'n we cain't make it down to RT's abode for a tech day and a Jindabyne loop ride this year due to distance and/or time constraints I respectfully submit that we all gather in Bingara, NSW at this place for some real fine ass riding!

500 kms from just north of Brissy, 487 kms from Kingaroy, 672 kms from Robertson, 815 kms from Canberra, 400 kms from Maitland, and 538 kms from Sydney's CBD.

Whaddayasay!?
The Next Aussie Gathering Dscf2938

12Back to top Go down   The Next Aussie Gathering Empty Re: The Next Aussie Gathering Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:52 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
That is a mighty fine place that pub.
I went to a Christmas Party there in 09 and the publican did a really good deal on Accomodation, evening meal and breakfast. I can't recall the fugures but it was a really good deal.

13Back to top Go down   The Next Aussie Gathering Empty Re: The Next Aussie Gathering Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:34 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
hmm .....all good food for thought ...im in tantative agreement so far

i may have to do a outside job for the robertson trip ...as i would dearly like to call in on my son and brother in canberra sometime this year /...

'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

14Back to top Go down   The Next Aussie Gathering Empty The Next Aussie Gathering Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:14 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Yes, agreed. A bit of fiscal tightening required here, so a really big trip will be a hard sell.
Bingara looks good, and there is always a bed here if anyone comes past on a private loop.
RT

15Back to top Go down   The Next Aussie Gathering Empty Re: The Next Aussie Gathering Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:56 pm

It's a pitiful 170km from Guyra. I'd have to go via Leeton to make it a ride! Oh well, wouldn't be the first time I'd taken a shortcut.

16Back to top Go down   The Next Aussie Gathering Empty Re: The Next Aussie Gathering Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:24 am

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Sean, ride down as if you were back in Germany...on the right side of the road....it is a bit further that way.....make it exciting for you.
I am OK with Bingara for later this year. For next year however it may be kept in mind the first week in September...the 30th anniversary of the release of the K. If we could line up meetings in other parts of the world for that week, it would be better.....a hyper version of our meeting tonight.

17Back to top Go down   The Next Aussie Gathering Empty Re: The Next Aussie Gathering Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:15 am

Hmm...I'd have to swap the chair over to the other side......Could be entertaining.

18Back to top Go down   The Next Aussie Gathering Empty Re: The Next Aussie Gathering Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:04 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Saxon7 wrote:Hmm...I'd have to swap the chair over to the other side......Could be entertaining.

Better still put the bike on the other side The Next Aussie Gathering 44271

19Back to top Go down   The Next Aussie Gathering Empty Re: The Next Aussie Gathering Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:07 am

Well if I move the bike, it might be easier than moving the chair and having the bike fall over.... :joker:

20Back to top Go down   The Next Aussie Gathering Empty Re: The Next Aussie Gathering Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:11 am

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Put another chair on the other side....any chair, lounge, dining, high. This saves money and you thinking too much.

21Back to top Go down   The Next Aussie Gathering Empty Re: The Next Aussie Gathering Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:25 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
you thinking about a couple of shopping trolly castors on the side stan ? just to hold it up when um....stationary of corse

22Back to top Go down   The Next Aussie Gathering Empty Re: The Next Aussie Gathering Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:33 am

The Next Aussie Gathering 52428710

This might be easier.

23Back to top Go down   The Next Aussie Gathering Empty Re: The Next Aussie Gathering Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:41 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
The Next Aussie Gathering 44271

24Back to top Go down   The Next Aussie Gathering Empty Re: The Next Aussie Gathering Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:49 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Saxon7 wrote:The Next Aussie Gathering 52428710

This might be easier.
Do you know where was that photo taken Sean it looks like the old Parramatta show grounds/speedway.

25Back to top Go down   The Next Aussie Gathering Empty Re: The Next Aussie Gathering Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:38 am

Just did another search and came up with this:

http://www.southbayriders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120427

Sean.

26Back to top Go down   The Next Aussie Gathering Empty Re: The Next Aussie Gathering Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:07 am

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
You blokes are twisted. Imagine Friday evening, 5pm trolley boy has a snake of trolleys in a shopping centre car park after spending 2 hours collecting them. My daughter, in her then boyfriend"s work ute (with company sign writing) backs out of a parking spot and into the centre of the conga line. The trolley boy boy attempts to hold up the 3 million trolleys from falling over....fails. Do you know how long it takes to uncouple each fallen trolley and stand up, and push them into the shopping centre? She drove off!

27Back to top Go down   The Next Aussie Gathering Empty Re: The Next Aussie Gathering Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:35 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
lol ...classic stan

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum