BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better

The Mystic, Big Block, 2nd K1200RS, K12R & K13 are running & ridable.

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I have seen a few of Larrys bikes and all are truely inspiring as to what can be done with a brick.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

caferacer62

caferacer62
Life time member
Life time member
Very nice, yes it is interesting what can be done with the old girls. There would be some hours gone into that one i would think.

Don't give in to the Black Dog!
"A Zorst, a zorst my kingdom for a Zorst"

Have a squiz at this Special K on eBay 170874

I don't really like it actually. Lol. Looks a bit too retro for my taste and has chook-chaser bars. The owner is on the Facebook K bike page.

robmack

robmack
Life time member
Life time member
OMG, my favourite K75 on sale! Typical, I'm not in a position to compete for it. Crying or Very sad I love the mixture of retro and modern on this bike. Oh well, I'll monitor the sale and see what it ends up selling for.

Life time member
Life time member
I found the build page for that one a few months ago - I like the cream colour and retro light, I wonder how the silver paint on the air ducts would hold up over time?

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
That's a very yummy-looking pair of brackets he's fabbed for mounting the two-pot Brembos to the 305mm floating brake discs and presumably the later model (12mm longer) fork legs. It'd be nice to have a closer look-see.

I want to do something similar with my currently upgraded four-pot Brembos and the standard length fork legs (of a K100RS) but with the 17" front wheel and those same 305mm discs.

There's some joy at the end of the day when various bits 'n' pieces come together like that. Original is good, but customisation is gooder.

Have a squiz at this Special K on eBay Sawnlo10

MT350Explorer

MT350Explorer
Life time member
Life time member
Full of admiration - what a huge amount of effort and some great touches like the indicators on the bars.

That said I dislike it, not my taste; a bit Pee Wee Herman an a 'K'?

Cheers
Dave

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
I personally like it and appreciate the amount of craftsmanship put on this project.
I believe that the asking price will be around 10k.
This is a lot of money, but when you consider the work that has been done and the very low mileage, it's still cheap.
If you look at every details, even the handle bars switches had been repainted.

A+, but cannot afford it Crying or Very sad

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
MT350Explorer wrote:I dislike it, not my taste; a bit Pee Wee Herman an a 'K'?
Dave

I can picture the rider, knees together as on a Vespa, handbag strap over the 'bars, scarf flying behind in the breeze, off to the urban café. Help, save me before it's too latte!

He has managed to evoke the /2 styling with that headlight treatment and colour scheme.

Have a squiz at his other bikes, previously linked here in the forum, but since we're on it have another go:

http://specialks.net

11Back to top Go down   Have a squiz at this Special K on eBay Empty Have a squiz at this Special K on eBay Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:45 am

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
It makes me wish I had more time and moolah to get things done, don't they look great.
I haven't even washed mine from the Queensland trip yet.
RT

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Thats nothing to boast about I haven't washed mine either

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Auction ended with a $5,600 bid but the reserve was not met.

twincarb

twincarb
Life time member
Life time member
I think the bike looks great, I wouldn't want to ride it more have it as a show piece in the living room! Ok Call me strange... Even I had never considered having a vehicle to not use it till I saw that one. The only thing I would want to change is the seat. In my eyes it's not in keeping I wouldnt put a cream one on but certainly not keeping it blue lol

Have a squiz at this Special K on eBay 169042Have a squiz at this Special K on eBay 169034

Life time member
Life time member
Why would I wash mine??? .....I'm not selling it Very Happy

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

robmack

robmack
Life time member
Life time member
Crazy Frog wrote:Auction ended with a $5,600 bid but the reserve was not met.
Strange. I thought it would have met reserve and sold. But there was little activity indicating that either the auction was too short to attract the correct buyer or maybe people just don't give K-bikes the credit they deserve.

I was perusing Ebay Motors looking at auctions for various old examples of famous European marques like Norton, BSA, Triumph, MV Agusta, and Ducati. The Buy Now prices were crazy -- $7-$15K for mediocre junk. None came up to the standard of this K75 in visual appeal. Doesn't seem fair, that old BMWs loose so much value in the eyes of potential buyers. If I were to try to sell my bike right now, I'd be lucky to get $3K, probably towards $2K.

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
The airheads fetch a good price but I think that to buyers that want a BMW that is a classic they always think R and not K because to many a BMW is a boxer engine. I dont mind as it makes them more affordable to me

robmack

robmack
Life time member
Life time member
"Beauty" was sold privately. I understand it went North of $15K. Worth it considering what Larry put into the bike.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum