BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Another request for help Empty Another request for help Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:42 pm

Ajays

Ajays
Life time member
Life time member
A request for help from a friend of mine. He has covered most of my suggestions...any ideas?

===================================================================================

It started with the left front indicator not working and the left rear flashing faster, indicating a blown bulb or bad connection at the front.

It quickly progressed to all the indicators (other than front left) flashing haphazardly all at once when either left or right was selected.
As you mentioned that it could have been caused by bad starter brushes, the starter was serviced and said to be in good order. All relay connections under the tank were cleaned as well as the earth connection there. The battery earth was also cleaned.
The net result of that effort is that:
a) No indicators work at all.
b) The horn does not work.
c) The clock does not work.

Que pasa amigo? Maybe the "Brain Trust" can come up with a solution?

An interesting observation: Now that clutch-to-gearbox, and drive shaft splines front and rear have been greased with Staburags NBU 30 PTM which Weberly in Germany sent me, the gear changing is now butter smooth...no more clunks!
Regards, Frank

AJAYS

2Back to top Go down   Another request for help Empty Re: Another request for help Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:29 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Ajays,
What bike and model are you looking at?
Has your friend religiously gone through the troubleshooting diagram in the download forum step by step testing each thing? That should narrow down all the usual suspects. Has he checked the battery is in tip top shape and able to hold its charge?
Regards,
K-BIKE

3Back to top Go down   Another request for help Empty Re: Another request for help Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:38 pm

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
I would suggest that you check the connectors at fuse #3 & 7.

Fuse #3 protects the clock and and the flasher relay (unswitched), and only that.
Fuse #7 protects the horn, fan motor and flasher relay (switched), and only that.

Your first description of the flasher acting up, is what happens when the switched power is lost.

When both switched and unswitched is lost, the relay is dead.

4Back to top Go down   Another request for help Empty K100rt Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:25 am

Ajays

Ajays
Life time member
Life time member
Hi Fellows
Thanks for the response, will keep you posted.

It is of course a K100rt
Ajays

AJAYS

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum