BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Bluenose

Hi all:

My kill switch is not working so took it apart and found the dimples worn down to the extent that the line is not opened when switch is turned...I could probably modify the parts to work but decided to look for a good used or new unit.

Does anyone have any spares kicking around or suggest a good source for supply?

Thanks

Peter

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Peter,
The guy who does the excellent instrument lighting LED kits also has a steady stream of used K bike bits his web page is http://www.kbikeparts.com/

Drake is a pleasant and helpful guy to deal with. His LED kit is great too I upgraded mine and fully waterproofed the cluster with the result no more steamy front glass!
Regards,
K-BIKE

Bluenose

Thanks K-Bike

What I thought was the kill switch may really be a gremlin. Here is the situation: With kill switch apart I started bike and then removed the kill switch toggle and contacts...ie line open which I believe is suppose to stop the engine...mine keep running. Next I jumpered the contacts...ie line closed and bike is still running. I then cross jumpered between kill toggle and start and bike still running. The only way to turn the bike off is with the ignition key. This makes me think that my problem may actually lie in the ignition switch where the electrical is only on or off with the key and the kill switch is getting completely bypassed with no effect.

Any thoughts on what is actually going on or how the wiring is suppose to work?

Peter

phil_mars

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Peter from memory the kill switch is in series with the ignition switch so I would suspect a wiring problem or it has been deliberately bypassed which I have seen suggested on another forum.

Regards,

Phil

scottiesharpe

scottiesharpe
Silver member
Silver member
Bluenose wrote:Hi all:

My kill switch is not working so took it apart and found the dimples worn down to the extent that the line is not opened when switch is turned...I could probably modify the parts to work but decided to look for a good used or new unit.

Does anyone have any spares kicking around or suggest a good source for supply?

Thanks

Peter

Hello Peter,

I don't know where to find a replacement switch, but since yours is trashed, I wonder if I can make you an offer on a few parts from your old switch. I am in need of the green starter "button" as well as the metal contact plate that rotates inside the switch. If you would like to sell me yours, please let me know. My switch is working but just barely as both of these items are cracked.

Thank you!

Scottie

BeachGuy

Peter, try this link.

http://www.beemerboneyard.com/index.html

Keep in mind that when they get a used bike in for parts, they usaully have a list of people waiting for them.

If I find another one in my favorite's I post up.

BeachGuy

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum