BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   My pair of K's in Joburg Empty My pair of K's in Joburg Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:51 pm

malcolmt

Here are a few pic’s of my two K’s.
The silver bike is an 86’ K74S, I’ve it for around five years.
The red bike is my 92’ K1100RS which I’ve owned for a little over a year.
The wife and I have done some good trips on the K75, the first good one was Joburg to Durdan then right down the east coast to George nr Cape Town. Then back home through the centre of SA, the total distance was around 4500km. Another memorable trip was Joburg to Vic Falls via Botswana and Zim.
I decided I needed a little more power and better brakes and looked out for a 90’s 16valve K100. It seems they are very far few between in SA so settled for the K11
The K75 is bog standard except for a Hagon shock. The K11 has a WP shock which is superb, it has some none standard SA made exhaust, and a set of bar-backs. I intended putting the gold wheels and swingarm back to the standard but haven’t got round to it. I also intended to put a standard exhaust on the bike till I learnt about the standard units cracking and this may have been the reason for the mod.

My pair of K's in Joburg P1020726

My pair of K's in Joburg P1020725

My pair of K's in Joburg P1020727

Edit...
Ijust dug the following pic up. It was taken a few days after I bought the K75.
The two classic jap bikes have been passed on. In one way the pic is unique
I wonder who is the first to post what all three bikes have in common !!!

My pair of K's in Joburg TripleTreat1

2Back to top Go down   My pair of K's in Joburg Empty Re: My pair of K's in Joburg Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:20 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Malcolm,
A fine pair and a nice trio also which (the trio) all look like they are sporting only one arm mounted mirror each.
Regards,
K-BIKE

3Back to top Go down   My pair of K's in Joburg Empty Re: My pair of K's in Joburg Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:19 am

phil_mars

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Malcolm, great looking stable and I have to say I quite like the gold wheels and final drive.

I imagine Bert will have something to say about the GT and the XS triple was another of my favourites. You really can't beat the sound of a three cylinder (four stroke Smile )

As far as the rear rack for the 1100 goes I think you can find a much more substantial version than the K100 that was a standard fitting but at what cost I could not say but does mount to the frame rather than just the ducktail.

Regards,

Phil

4Back to top Go down   My pair of K's in Joburg Empty Re: My pair of K's in Joburg Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:24 am

roys

Silver member
Silver member
grt looking bikes Smile

5Back to top Go down   My pair of K's in Joburg Empty Re: My pair of K's in Joburg Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:05 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Yes Bert is drooling!
Beautiful bikes!
I owned a GT380 with a sidecar What a Face and i think that I posted some pics.

This week end, I met a BMW owner who just bought a 380 GT with only 10,000 kms. I never seen the bike but he told me that it's in a new condition.

The ram air system was quite efficient.
Time to go to bed as I just came back from a 1,500 kms trip and I have to work tomorrow morning.

Bert

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum