BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Introduction and happy new year Empty Introduction and happy new year Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:35 am

mdangear

mdangear
Hello,
I got my bike (K100RS from 1985) in February last year, and was able to ride happily until last Saturday when the bike stopped moving when in gear. So now the bike is turning into a repair project. And this forum seems to be the best place to hang out while I am getting into this.
Happy new year to everybody and best wishes for 2013.

2Back to top Go down   Introduction and happy new year Empty Re: Introduction and happy new year Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:06 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will have it up and going in no time with all the help here.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

3Back to top Go down   Introduction and happy new year Empty Re: Introduction and happy new year Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:11 am

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool

Hi and welcome to the forum some very knowledgable folk here.

BIG D

4Back to top Go down   Introduction and happy new year Empty Re: Introduction and happy new year Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:59 am

Life time member
Life time member
Welcome mdangear. Many a bike has been ressurected and given a new lease of life due to the forum and it's knowledgeable mebemrs. I look forward to following your progress.

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

5Back to top Go down   Introduction and happy new year Empty Re: Introduction and happy new year Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:09 am

gmcq

gmcq
Gold member
Gold member
mdangear wrote:Hello,
I got my bike (K100RS from 1985) in February last year, and was able to ride happily until last Saturday when the bike stopped moving when in gear. So now the bike is turning into a repair project. And this forum seems to be the best place to hang out while I am getting into this.
Happy new year to everybody and best wishes for 2013.

Its the only place to hang out Very Happy Welcome to the forum

GMcQ

6Back to top Go down   Introduction and happy new year Empty Re: Introduction and happy new year Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:45 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Good to have you with us and good luck with getting the bike running again.
Regards,
K-BIKE

7Back to top Go down   Introduction and happy new year Empty Re: Introduction and happy new year Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:11 pm

krambo

krambo
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the forum - all the help you need will be found here somewhere Wink

8Back to top Go down   Introduction and happy new year Empty Re: Introduction and happy new year Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:35 pm

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
Welcome to the madhose, Mdangear.........we ain't got any exit doors.

9Back to top Go down   Introduction and happy new year Empty Thank you Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:15 pm

mdangear

mdangear
Thank you all for the warm welcome. I started dismantling the bike, and I am getting good info from the forum already on how to do this. Between this and the Haynes manual I should do ok. Definitely I will enjoy the journey :-)

10Back to top Go down   Introduction and happy new year Empty Re: Introduction and happy new year Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:40 pm

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
We all do looking forward to the pictures.........and questions.

11Back to top Go down   Introduction and happy new year Empty how far should I go? Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:22 pm

mdangear

mdangear
One question I have already is how far I should go.
I have a clutch problem, which means removing the gear box. So while I am doing that, should I take the opportunity to do additional cleaning/greasing/other?
Everything was running great on the bike until the clutch failed. From what I read in the forum it is probably anspline issue. Assuming this is, and I am ready for surprises of course, should I stick to that (if it ain't broken don't fix it), or should I do myself a favor for the future by doing more or at least checking a few key things that will save me having to do this again in a few month?

12Back to top Go down   Introduction and happy new year Empty Re: Introduction and happy new year Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:03 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
While you have the gearbox out replace the seal on the rear of the main output shaft and the large O ring which is behind the nut that holds the clutch carrier. To get the Oring out you need to destroy it and take it out bit by bit that is if it isn't already in bits from age.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum