BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Evening all, as Dixon of Dock Green used to opine.

Just a quick blurb to let you know I'm half way through a restoration of the above vehicle which is slated for completion sometime in the next four weeks or so.

With the blessing of those who must be obeyed, this beauty is going back to whence she came, via the loving inner space of my man cave, fully equipped with all the bits and bobs she used to sport back in the day when all "real" motorcycle cops sported Village People mustaches, and wore skin tight jodhpurs.

I'll refrain from posting pictures just yet, but should have a pile to post in the coming days.

Honestly, I still can't believe I get paid to play with cop stuff. Bliss!

Alex.

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Going great Alex
Did you notice that there were some red/blue police type lights on fleabay. Not sure if they are for BMW but worth a look.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

Rick G wrote:Going great Alex
Did you notice that there were some red/blue police type lights on fleabay. Not sure if they are for BMW but worth a look.

Would you mind posting a link please, mate?

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Well spotted mate, but unfortunately they're reproductions. Luckily I picked up a set of genuine QPOL units the other day.

6Back to top Go down   1986 BMW K100RT New South Wales Police Restoration Empty A few pictures.. 24/02/13, 07:49 am

Evening all, once again.

Just a quick one to let you know I've posted a few pictures of my efforts (and some shots from yesteryear of how the NSWPOL bikes used to look for comparison).

LOTS more photos to come, and freshly re-sprayed body work going back on this week. Fingers crossed it all fits and she's looking "as new".

Cheers, Alex.

1986 BMW K100 NSWPOL Restoration

7Back to top Go down   1986 BMW K100RT New South Wales Police Restoration Empty Mini update 05/04/13, 06:40 pm

Ok gents,

The bike is almost done, but unfortunately I'm having to fit poor substitutes for the front and rear lights as the originals, which were made under license for in Spain, have been discontinued for the last fifteen years.

On some levels this is a good thing, as it will point out to the powers that be in NSWPOL maybe scrapping every "obsolete" car and bike fitting is a bad idea. Only time will tell...
More photos will be uploaded to the restoration album over the weekend (see link in previous post).

Senior Constable Alex

8Back to top Go down   1986 BMW K100RT New South Wales Police Restoration Empty ...And she's finished :-) 05/05/13, 07:08 am

Just a quick update to let you know the NSWPOL 1986 K100 is complete, but has fake front and rear lights. Everything else is right for the bike and era, and she will be heading up to grace eyeballs at the NSWPOL Highway Patrol reunion on June 20, 2013.

I've popped a few pictures in this message, but there are quite a few more on the restoration album.

1986 BMW K100RT New South Wales Police Restoration 20130510
1986 BMW K100RT New South Wales Police Restoration 201305111986 BMW K100RT New South Wales Police Restoration 20130512

Decals, panniers, mirrors and side covers all to be added once the bike reaches NSW.

Woo Hoo!

MikeP

MikeP
Life time member
Life time member
Very nice.

Did they remain plain white or were they liveried in some way?

MikeP wrote:Very nice.

Did they remain plain white or were they liveried in some way?

They were lightly marked up with decals on each pannier, and decals on either side of the cockpit.

larrikin

larrikin
Life time member
Life time member
I've been after the rear light fitting for ages. I don't need the ligh or the wiring as I intend to use it to transport fishing rods. Can anyone help

It increases my paranoia
Like lookin' at my mirror and seein' a police car

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
larrikin wrote:I've been after the rear light fitting for ages. I don't need the ligh or the wiring as I intend to use it to transport fishing rods. Can anyone help
Which parts do you need/want, I have some bits that came fom AuntieBB so they be free plus postage for you.

larrikin

larrikin
Life time member
Life time member
I need the poles and the brackets. Thanks heaps.

It increases my paranoia
Like lookin' at my mirror and seein' a police car

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I have the part the indicators attach to that has a small tube attached to it presumable to attach the light pole.
I will get a photo and post soon.

15Back to top Go down   1986 BMW K100RT New South Wales Police Restoration Empty Restored bike is going home! 05/06/13, 02:35 am

Any Sydneysiders in the house? I'm heading north to your fair city tomorrow, with the NSWPOL 1986 BMW K100 in tow, and will be in town until Monday.
If you'd like to have a natter, message me here and I'll pass along my contact details via pm.
Alex

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
whats happening with the bike this time, any new additions or are you showing it somewhere?

1993 K1100RS  0194321         Colour #690 Silk Blue  aka " Smurfette"
2018 Kart upgrade.
1986 BMW K100RT New South Wales Police Restoration 10_x_110

17Back to top Go down   1986 BMW K100RT New South Wales Police Restoration Empty As it looks today.... 07/10/13, 10:14 pm

groverK wrote:whats happening with the bike this time, any new additions or are you showing it somewhere?
1986 BMW K100RT New South Wales Police Restoration <a href=1986 BMW K100RT New South Wales Police Restoration 90903210" />

This was taken at the NSW Highway Patrol reunion in Maroubra, NSW (nr. Sydney for those who aren't locals).

*NOTE* While the lights and siren are fully functional, the front and rear lights are NOT original, and will soon be replaced with the real deal.  

If you've got a lot of free time, and like beer or coffee, and find yourself in Sydney, invite me to tell you the complete story about this bike.  It's quite a tale!

Cheers, Alex.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum