BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Replacing the BMW badge on the tail Empty Replacing the BMW badge on the tail Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:05 am

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Folks,
My BMW badge on the tail of the K 100 RS is a bit deteriorated and is looking shabby. I have got a replacement but how do I get the old one off?
Regards,
K-BIKE

Admin

Admin
admin
admin
Last year, here in Halifax, the teenagers were stealing the manufacturers badges on cars to make belt buckles.
I should ask one of them how the were proceeding. They were very good at it. Evil or Very Mad lol!

When I replaced mine, it took me a long time. I was just pulling on it and prying with a flat screw driver on the back. The double face tape is really hard to remove.

http://k100rt.aforumfree.com

3Back to top Go down   Replacing the BMW badge on the tail Empty Replacing the BMW badge on the tail Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:37 am

sojelade

Hi K-Bike,

I have been told in the past that you can use dental floss to try and lift it off. I have not tried this but the idea look feasible. Instead of using dental floss you can try using something stronger like a very thin wire so far the end of the badge is first lifted to get the wire in and then use a gently sea-saw motion.

Like Bert the last time I took one off I used a flat screwdriver and very carefully work around the edge till I had enough purchase to pull it off. I will be trying the dental floss next time though!

Cheers

Soji
:afro:

david

hey guys...try a heat gun or hair dryer...warm it up enough to soften the glue and bobs yer relative ! D

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Sorry, it was too simple... scratch
I am beating my head on the wall because I wasn't thinking of something as simple as that.

Thanks for the tip

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Folks,
I was nervous about a heat gun as they are so hot I could see paint blisters as a distinct possibility so I used a rag soaked with boiling water and then poured some more on. That softened the glue enough to enable me to use a swiss army knife (large size under the badge and twist with the back of the blade flat on the tail piece and the edge levering the badge up. With some effort it peeled off and I then had to remove the remainder of the glue with some solvent. Once done I put the new one on - Much Better.
Regards,
K-Bike

kbikerider

kbikerider
Hi Guys,
You won't believe this but I just removed the old badge off the tail of my K100RS today! It's simple. I used dental floss to pry the first 1mm or so and then squirted a little WD40 on it. Then continued to remove it with the dental floss. Off in no time! Clean the residue glue with WD40 and voila!
Cheers
Jeff

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum