BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

101Back to top Go down   Who is going to the Far Kairn Rally? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who is going to the Far Kairn Rally? Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:02 am

Rick G

admin
admin
Full of drugs what a load of c*** even this last one untill the infection set in there was no pain except for the first day and a couple of panadol did the job.

BTW I think this is a no cars job too but AL may be able to clear that up.

102Back to top Go down   Who is going to the Far Kairn Rally? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who is going to the Far Kairn Rally? Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:24 am

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
Gaz80 wrote:Hi Guys, I've just bought a pair of foam style sleeves to go on my grips that are claimed to work with heated grips but haven't got them on yet.
Purchase was not to reduce vibration but to get a better grip as my old heated grips are worn smooth and getting hard to hold all day.
Might be worth a look.
http://www.andystrapz.com/products-details.php?productId=178&productCategoryId=113&Level=1
Jeeez, I sell those things for US$14 all day long and they're $29 in OZ! Another shining example of the tyranny of distance. They do work a charm if you're too lazy to cover up ragged grips, are ok at reducing vibration, and don't block the warm fuzzies if you've heated grips.

1977 R75/7-100, '93 K11/K12 Big Block, '93 K1100RS, '95 R100 Mystic, '96 K1100RS, 2 x '98 K1200RS, '06 K1200R & '09 K1300GT. Projects: 1993 & '96 K1100RS, & one '98 K1200RS. The R100 Mystic, K11/12 Big Block, 2nd K1200RS, K1200R & K1300GT are running, rego'd & ridable.

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
It is not handy having this happen to you, especially at this time. Get a grip on the fact that this needs to heal properly. Don't palm it off as just a nuisance.
Let time help you heal so that you can do all the trips in the future.

AL-58

AL-58
Life time member
Life time member
There is an exception for downed/injured riders, we do try to get any cars parked outside of the grassy rally area.

Al

+ another boxer engined motorcycle and sidecar

"When I'm too old and too foolish to handle a sidecar I'll buy a Sportsbike"

Who is going to the Far Kairn Rally? - Page 3 K-dogs10

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
Not good klompy...   This is a very common injury inhte meat industry..Nowdays is managed without surgery except for extreme cases. We are sent to a chiropractor and learn how to manipulate our carpus bones ourselves.  Removing the pressure on the tendons.  The result for me has been trouble free riding for a long time.and no surgery!!  

Please ask for a Local Anesthesia and get some pics to post!!!!!

The only thing that stops meatworkers from driving after thais sort of surgery is the BAC of the patient:D 

106Back to top Go down   Who is going to the Far Kairn Rally? - Page 3 Empty i HATE CAPS LOCK Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:02 pm

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
Only a few weeks now.affraid 
Not excited at all. bounce 

So I am heading out from Sydney on Friday morning and meeting up with Waz (awaiting his reply) in Wollongong, maybe head south a bit then up Macquarie pass, down to Goulburn and across to Blayney via Crookwell taking in Crookwell Rd, Wheeo Rd, Goulburn Rd, Binda Rd, Queen St, Bathurst St, Abercrombie Rd, Goulburn Rd (again), Hobbys Yards Rd, Barry Rd (and through the lovely town of ..Barry) across the Belubula River and into the wonderful town of Blayney.
Then depending on time heading up 35km to Bathurst to do a bit of tourist stuff, Mt Panorama & the racing museum and then back down to the Carcoar hotel for the evening.

Anyone wanting to take this route chime in and we can get organised.

Google tells me it is 400km from Castle Hill.

Basic/2 6308802K100CJ  05/1988

K1100RS 0194321

107Back to top Go down   Who is going to the Far Kairn Rally? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who is going to the Far Kairn Rally? Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:00 pm

AL-58

AL-58
Life time member
Life time member
Marie and I are heading direct to Tottenham on the Friday, leaving Blaxland around 9pm. There's always a few people already there for the Friday, dinner at the bowling club that night.

On another note, the last BMWTCNSW meeting before the Far Kairn is tonight if anyone is interested. From 6pm at the Toongabbie hotel for dinner if anyone is interested, then on to the Toongabbie community centre for the meeting afterwards, all welcome.

Al

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
rossko wrote:Only a few weeks now.affraid 
Not excited at all. bounce 

So I am heading out from Sydney on Friday morning and meeting up with Waz (awaiting his reply) in Wollongong, maybe head south a bit then up Macquarie pass, down to Goulburn and across to Blayney via Crookwell taking in Crookwell Rd, Wheeo Rd, Goulburn Rd, Binda Rd, Queen St, Bathurst St, Abercrombie Rd, Goulburn Rd (again), Hobbys Yards Rd, Barry Rd (and through the lovely town of ..Barry) across the Belubula River and into the wonderful town of Blayney.
Then depending on time heading up 35km to Bathurst to do a bit of tourist stuff, Mt Panorama & the racing museum and then back down to the Carcoar hotel for the evening.

Anyone wanting to take this route chime in and we can get organised.

Google tells me it is 400km from Castle Hill.
been googling a similar route to the south,
the southern  Highlands has some nice scenery and twisty bits , so I've been told.  What time are you thinking of leaving the Hill.
I can meet  early if desired,and avoid the city morning traffic. as I will probably be restless on thursday night,being a big weekend away and all. Cool 
which road out of Sydney are you thinking of taking, maybe a meet up at Pennant Hills/M2 and follow the M7 south, or ................

does Waz need to set his alarm.
Friday at Mount Panorama sounds good , then Saturday is free for the road.

possible route?
http://www.whereis.com/?id=2F3967CD1ECA97

is morning tea at RT's

1993 K1100RS  0194321         Colour #690 Silk Blue  aka " Smurfette"
2018 Kart upgrade.
Who is going to the Far Kairn Rally? - Page 3 10_x_110

109Back to top Go down   Who is going to the Far Kairn Rally? - Page 3 Empty I cant make it Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:49 am

gpguyer

gpguyer
It is with great regret that I am not able to make the rally this year.  I have some very pressing matters to attend to over the next few months and I wont be able to make the trip away as a result.  I wish you all a safe and fun ride.  Sorry once again but maybe next time for me.

Gordon

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
That is pretty much it Ed. One thing RT said was to avoid the road to Bathurst. Go to Blayeny and then up. The last bit is dirt aparently and very rough.

Not sure time is a problem, but an early start is good.
Let you know once we get an idea who is coming this way.

That's not good Gordon. Was looking forward to seeing the bike. You need to hook up with Sean and the Guyra lot. They seem to head off quite often.

K1100RS 0194321

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Sadly folks I'll be heavily involved in babysitting Grandkinder for the early part of that week, although be on the coast getting some vitamin D on the bald bits. I won't even be here to ring the bell as you ride through Robertson, but do wish you all a safe and fun journey.
If anyone is coming home via Tumut/Cooma during the latter part of the week, look out for a little blue Suzuki and my well worn blue K as we putter along the Snowies.
RT

AL-58

AL-58
Life time member
Life time member
Only 21 sleeps left before the Far Kairn Rally.

For the K celebration part of the rally the awards are in production using select Komponents.

Most of the awards will be peoples choice type (Best K, Best K Rodent, Best Sporty K(RS, S), best touring K (RT, LT, GT), best K sidecar.  There will also be oldest K ridden to the rally (using compliance plate date or VIN).

I know quite a few of you will be heading to Carcoar for the Friday night and the group ride on Saturday, I'll be in Tottenham Friday myself so I can help with arrangements on the Saturday.  

Post any final enquiries here, I'll answer asap.

Al
PS just did the shims on another K100 today.  The owner of the bike is interested in the forum.  If another sidecar owner called Hans pops up here tell him hello.

113Back to top Go down   Who is going to the Far Kairn Rally? - Page 3 Empty I'm out Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:44 am

Rockman

Life time member
Life time member
Probably not going to get there - work commitments. Shit happens I suppose.
If anyone going past Inverell and can take a VW wheel down for Ed (groverK) then let me know.
Phil

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
Rockman, that is no good mate.
Tell the boss to shove the work for a few days. Unless you are the boss. Or married to her.

K1100RS 0194321

I probably can. Actually, if you can get it over to Guyra before this Friday, I can take it down when I head south Friday morning.
Sean.

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
shame to hear Phil, like most , I was looking forward to checking out your outfit.
good luck with the solo project.
Sean , if I can stop this computer from crashing each time I start it up, I would like to offer my gratitude to you for the offer.
Damn thing crashes 6-8 times on each startup,at least I can rely on the K 

which brings me to the following, 
I faxed off a couple of entries into the regular bike mags last month, for the upcoming Birthday Celebration at Far Kairn, as some of you may realise , it failed to appear......

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=not+happy+jan&view=detail&mid=0CFB48B1A0BB45AF249D0CFB48B1A0BB45AF249D&first=0&FORM=NVPFVR&qpvt=not+happy+jan

please don't blame Jan though, I probably loaded the fax upside down, bloody technology................Rolling Eyes

2018 Kart upgrade.

Rockman

Life time member
Life time member
Saxon7 wrote:I probably can. Actually, if you can get it over to Guyra before this Friday, I can take it down when I head south Friday morning.
Sean.
Thanks Sean. I'll see what I can do
Phil

smithy

smithy
Life time member
Life time member
Hey Phil , there is a courier that runs between Inverell & Guyra . He drops at the 4 ways in Guyra right near Seans place. Just a thought.

98 K1100lt: Vin 8044

K75cster

K75cster
Life time member
Life time member
I hope you lot have a great time

The Clever are adept at extricating themselves from situations that the wise would have avoided from the outset - QUOTE from david Hillel in Out of the Earth.

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
still trying to coordinate the locals heading south .... and come up with a reasonable route  for those that may or may not get time off ....
option 1 is still to head to seaniis on Thursday unless
option 2 ...blakey has time off and will travel to connabarabran  on the Friday (direct )
robinw might join in too ?

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

Yep, I'm in, if I can get this RBike registered and running ok.

[EDIT]
No Rego for me. Leaky brake lines, probably 3 weeks for parts to arrive Sad

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
you should be able to get braided lines locally ....and wouldn't be too dear I recon

looks like im on my own

alby is out ...blakey is out ...robin is out

looks like a thursday fly down to Guyra  and then onward on Friday morning

'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

AL-58

AL-58
Life time member
Life time member
I had hoses made locally in Penrith for 2 bikes from samples.  I used braidedhoses.com.au to find the local agent.  Worked out around 40% cheaper than Munich Motorcycles, Australian ADR approved and in my hands on the day.

Al

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
charlie99 wrote:
looks like im on my own

alby is out ...blakey is out ...robin is out

looks like a thursday fly down to Guyra  and then onward on Friday morning

The Ks dont fly charlie!! they glide... I will be eagerly awaiting posts from the event.

AL-58 wrote:I had hoses made locally in Penrith for 2 bikes from samples.  I used braidedhoses.com.au to find the local agent.  Worked out around 40% cheaper than Munich Motorcycles, Australian ADR approved and in my hands on the day.

Al
Cheers Al, but I already ordered from motobins. Got all 3 front hoses, new banjos and washers for half what munich wanted for one hose. Just have to wait for them is all. Also got an oil leak to deal with while I wait Crying or Very sad

Lots of people dropping out.
Charlie, Smithy and I will be leaving Guyra about 9.30 on the Friday morning. Be here or....be somewhere else! :cyclops:

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
Hands can only be held for so long. You are all grown up now.

On 06/09/2013 10:19 AM Royalcarcoar wrote:
Hi Ross, 

To date we have two bookings  for Friday 20th sept. ... yourself and a C. Hogan. One other possible being the one Ross forgot to write name down for. Any others you are aware of ??We have started to let a couple of rooms go for other enquiries that have come in. 

Let me know . Thanks 
Cheryl

From what I can gather a few from the BMWTCNSW are staying at Carcoar also on the Friday night.
It is only 2 weeks now.
Unless people WANT to camp two nights in a row.

K1100RS 0194321

AL-58

AL-58
Life time member
Life time member
rossko wrote:Hands can only be held for so long. You are all grown up now.

On 06/09/2013 10:19 AM Royalcarcoar wrote:
Hi Ross, 

To date we have two bookings  for Friday 20th sept. ... yourself and a C. Hogan. One other possible being the one Ross forgot to write name down for. Any others you are aware of ??We have started to let a couple of rooms go for other enquiries that have come in. 

Let me know . Thanks 
Cheryl

From what I can gather a few from the BMWTCNSW are staying at Carcoar also on the Friday night.
It is only 2 weeks now.
Unless people WANT to camp two nights in a row.
I know C Hogan, she's one of the reprobates here. 

Al

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I am gonna be there but I will be using the camper trailer.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

AL-58

AL-58
Life time member
Life time member
I'll be there tomorrow night.  Different event though.  Look for the trophy on the wall, the BMW club used to go out annually to play cricket with the locals out the back, the trophy is still there.  No-one young enough to play cricket these days Smile

Al

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
Spoke to Ross the Publican over a week ago , and tendered some plastic reassurance, so I'll be part of the Krew on Friday night.

2018 Kart upgrade.

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
groverK wrote:Spoke to Ross the Publican over a week ago , and tendered some plastic reassurance, so I'll be part of the Krew on Friday night.
Ed. give a call to Ross. You are the one not booked in

Took your card details, but not your name or the date

Mystery solved

K1100RS 0194321

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
had a good chat with Ross when placing the booking, he obviously wasn't writing much down.
I'll try again this weekend to confirm.
btw the other mastercard booking was not mine.
thanks for the follow up Rossko. looking forward to the trip away.

Any one excited yet    ................................ besides Rossko  bounce  !

2018 Kart upgrade.

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
are you joking ........  a get away with other bike mates .... has to be done ....

my problem is actually getting to sleep the leadup nights of the leave event ......more than once I have slept in ...due to extremely late night before

im hoping this time ill be good

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
charlie99 wrote:are you joking ........  a get away with other bike mates .... has to be done ....

my problem is actually getting to sleep the leadup nights of the leave event ......more than once I have slept in ...due to extremely late night before

im hoping this time ill be good
Stay at Seans on Thrusday night Charlie.
I am sure the little red head that lives there will make sure you are up nice and early

K1100RS 0194321

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
Charlie , at least by the time you reach Guyra on the first night , you should rest easy with a few reds.

2018 Kart upgrade.

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
knowing my luck ed ...ill miss every bottle shop  ....sniffle

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
(o)

2018 Kart upgrade.

139Back to top Go down   Who is going to the Far Kairn Rally? - Page 3 Empty Far Kairn can't wait ..Ausbrick Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:48 am

ausbrick

ausbrick
Silver member
Silver member
Still  all good for the ride, lost one hombre  and the café 's out, will be riding me good old faithful the pig (k1100 lt or whats left of it with many mods ) makes sense as its a lot more comfy for a long haul and I can carry a lot more  gear to make for a longer trip . Plan to head over to the coast and return all the way south beside the water. Will be looking for advice over a froffy  on some twisty detours around Sydney, Cheers Ausbrick

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
what are your plans for the run up, there may be others who can meet you on the way?

2018 Kart upgrade.

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
Hi Thanks for that Ross.  We have kept a room for him. If any campers I sent you the details of sites being $25 per night. If any are camping at hotel, they need to contact us and book their site, as well as let us know whether they want breakfast .
Cheers Cheryl

K1100RS 0194321

142Back to top Go down   Who is going to the Far Kairn Rally? - Page 3 Empty Ausbrick far kairn trip plans Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:01 am

ausbrick

ausbrick
Silver member
Silver member
Nothing is set yet ,probably leave Thursday exit Melb via Healsville  where I will hook up with other k rider  lots of hills and twisties to the  Hume  will spend first night camping on the Murray  then cruise on up Friday via the newell to Forbes . Should make Tottenham Friday arvo ,any one else down here that has  any other plans let me know may join you or you are quiet welcome to join us.

143Back to top Go down   Who is going to the Far Kairn Rally? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who is going to the Far Kairn Rally? Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:58 am

Looks like I'm back in. Picked up an RT this evening and it should do the job. Even if it is an oilhead Smile

smithy

smithy
Life time member
Life time member
Good to see you'll make the rally

98 K1100lt: Vin 8044

AL-58

AL-58
Life time member
Life time member
Only a week to go!

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
RobinW wrote:Looks like I'm back in. Picked up an RT this evening and it should do the job. Even if it is an oilhead Smile
Oh No it looks like we are losing him Doctor, the worst case of R-itis I've see in many a year.  The only chance we have now is a total transfusion of K-oil, it just might work.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
If anyone is REALLY desperate and can't get a bike I have a 'spare' K at home, maybe even two, that should make it as far as Tittenham and if you are lucky, the return trip also.

Just gotta ask.
did someone say recovery vehicle?

rosskko

K1100RS 0194321

AL-58

AL-58
Life time member
Life time member
rossko wrote:
Just gotta ask.
did someone say recovery vehicle?

rosskko
To carry the spare driveshafts?

Al

Rendrag

Rendrag
Silver member
Silver member
If anyone from newcastle etc is interested, we have space for four more in a cabin in Dunedoo for Friday night of the Far Cairn - $40 a head.  We're leaving the central coast around 11, but you're welcome to lob late friday night Smile

RicK G wrote:
RobinW wrote:Looks like I'm back in. Picked up an RT this evening and it should do the job. Even if it is an oilhead Smile
Oh No it looks like we are losing him Doctor, the worst case of R-itis I've see in many a year.  The only chance we have now is a total transfusion of K-oil, it just might work.
Yes I know, but he accepted my offer so it was a bargain and I just couldn't resist  roundel

That RS is on the block as soon as its brakes arrive. I only rode it about 10 Kms just to get it here Who is going to the Far Kairn Rally? - Page 3 44271

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
bike pre pack  and final check up day today
might even change that clunky clutch cable that has been on for at least 20,000 ks

have to do some serious re thinking on route plans with old mate "schorn" laid up

btw ...he passes on all his best thoughts and well wishes  for the folks travelling off to far cairn

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum