BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Dear Santa + Nostalgia Empty Dear Santa + Nostalgia Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:18 am

JimK

JimK
Gold member
Gold member
Dear Santa,

I know that it's early for a request, but sure would like one of these.
(RZ 350) $3800

http://louisville.craigslist.org/mcy/3849525449.html

Made me think of the fast things that I have had an incredible amount of fun with, and survived.

It all started with a '68 Suz X6 Hustler.  (250cc 6 speed that surprised a lot of Corvettes) .

Led on to a Kaw H2,(750cc 3 cylinder with jetting and chambers and would Not go around corners very well at speed...referred to as, The Hinge, because of tank slapping)...when was a young paratrooper hanging out down around Ft. Bragg... and was simply, stink fast, if one had it pointed in the right direction.
To this day, I enjoy the sound of a multi cylinder 2 stroke that sounds...angry. Smile

Kaw Z1 that was black that had an open header when was going to UofL (University of Louisville)...wore jungle boots and jeans and black t shirt and had many dates.

Suz 87 GSXR 1100 with high end flat side carbs and race pipe bought new.

Some fast women.

BMW K100 that I don't ride like I used to, but surely test it and myself some.
What a wonderful piece of gear it is!  Good therapy.  Good for the head.
Would not be, without the kind help of the folks on this forum.

Thanks.

JimK...and happy Independence day, July 4th....getting loud down around this little river town with some serious fireworks and have to leave now to go provide adult supervision...tongue in cheek.Smile

Last edited by JimK on Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : editing)

2Back to top Go down   Dear Santa + Nostalgia Empty Re: Dear Santa + Nostalgia Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:04 am

JimK

JimK
Gold member
Gold member
It all started with a '68 Suz X6 Hustler.  (250cc 6 speed that surprised a lot of Corvettes) .

Actually, it started with me riding horses at age 5.

Family had a farm with other family's nearby.
Everyone rode horses other to pal's houses.

Loved to go fast soon in life.

Long story short is that I worked my Ass off to get a rupp minibike and all of a sudden shovelling horse s++t became less attractive.

Still had to do it though Smile

Last edited by JimK on Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:09 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : editing)

3Back to top Go down   Dear Santa + Nostalgia Empty Re: Dear Santa + Nostalgia Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:56 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
verry nostalgic jim

enjoy your celebrations ...and keep the dream mate
nice bit of old kit that one eh ? !!!

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum