BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Cast iron break discs ? Empty Cast iron break discs ? Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:48 am

wikur

wikur
Silver member
Silver member
Hi!
My front discs will have to be replaced in not too long.
The cast iron discs from Motorworks.Uk seems to be quite reasonable in price.
Anyone here who`s using them?
I would really like to hear what you think.
Cheers Wikur!

2Back to top Go down   Cast iron break discs ? Empty Re: Cast iron break discs ? Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:53 am

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Wikur,
I had a friend who had them and I thought they looked unpleasant as the edges look rusty. Depends on if that offends you, personally I prefer the look of the stainless steel.
Regards,
K-BIKE

3Back to top Go down   Cast iron break discs ? Empty Re: Cast iron break discs ? Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:44 am

wikur

wikur
Silver member
Silver member
Hi K-bike!
Do you know if your friend had any other issues with the discs than rust?
The new discs from BMW are very expensive and I`m not that keen on using old parts espescially when it comes to brakes.
Cheers Wikur!

4Back to top Go down   Cast iron break discs ? Empty cast iron discs Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:48 am

elle

elle
Silver member
Silver member
Hi was looking at these myself,ther was a guy who uprated the discs to these in finland (read his web page via flying brick and then someone elses just link after link used DI brake discs to search) who said there was a performance advantage (when using his same brand of pads) i did email to ask about other effects like rust but didnt get a reply.Motorworks are the company that i use for parts( exceptional helpful patient guys my first BM and pleasant) so if you email them or phone them theyll be honest they dont talk to sell.
I decide to go for ebc discs (stainless ) as i live in england adn rust can happen in milliseconds although at moment think im turning into a fish!
Very hard to find out more information and the specs for DI metals look great just the rust issue.
pete
Sorry cant be more help but it took two weeks to find one guy with them on his BM .

5Back to top Go down   Cast iron break discs ? Empty Re: Cast iron break discs ? Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:19 am

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Last thought if you have not used the bike for a while and the discs are rusted the braking effect may be qquite different from the normal smooth polished situation.
Regards,
K-BIKE

6Back to top Go down   Cast iron break discs ? Empty Re: Cast iron break discs ? Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:15 am

wikur

wikur
Silver member
Silver member
Thanks guys!
I will email Motorworks and ask my local tech of his opinion.
Cheers Wikur!

7Back to top Go down   Cast iron break discs ? Empty Re: Cast iron break discs ? Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:29 pm

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Digging up an old thread if it's possible. Did you get info from Motorworks about the cast iron discs?

Thanks,
OG

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum