BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Fuel pressure regulator differences Empty Fuel pressure regulator differences Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:39 pm

Fentible

Fentible
Silver member
Silver member
In fitting K1100 TB's to my K100, the second hand K1100 TB's I obtained came complete with an attached fuel pressure regulator which is a different type to the one already fitted to my K100. The K1100 FPR doesn't require the vacuum feed from the end throttle body so is it possible to fit it in place of my standard K100 one?? Its purely for cosmetics as the K1100 FPR looks fairly new against the hand painted tar finish (not by me) of my K100 one

I was also curious as to why the K1100 FPR doesn't require a vacuum feed but the K100 one does?

Cheers

Fent

klompy the grey brick

klompy the grey brick
VIP
VIP
Does it?

Fuel pressure regulator differences Ductin11

and pressure is 35PSI as required.

Fuel pressure regulator differences Gauge11

Chassis number0019026
Vehicle code0503
SeriesK589
ModelK 100 RS 83 (0502 ( 0503 )
Body typeK 100 RS 83 (0502
Catalog modelECE
Production date1984 / 07
Engine0513)

Fuel pressure regulator differences Au-log10

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I think you will find that the Motronic injection runs 3 bar pressure where the L Jetronic runs 2.5 bar so you would run rich because the pressure would be too high.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

Fentible

Fentible
Silver member
Silver member
klompy what can I tell you? my 1984 K100 has a vacuum feed to the FPR, maybe later versions are different??

Rick G, I hadn't considered that there might be a pressure differential between the two types. Oh well it was just a thought and maybe something I can reconsider if the bigger TB's produce lean results.

Thanks both

Fent

ReneZ

ReneZ
Life time member
Life time member
Don't forget you're talking about different systems of FI. The L-Jetronic only gets info about the fuel demand from the AMM. The Motronic system gets it from the TPS (or at least has that signal to work with as well). My understanding is that the vacuum line is there to ensure the pressure of fuel injected is constant relative to the pressure in the TB's to allow for correct atomisation (ie have the injectors work optimal).
The bike will run without it, but not as intended. Its a bit like taking the TPS off on the earlier bikes. They can run great, but your missing some of the intended features.

Rene

BMW K100 - 1985 (0030029) Scotland Fuel pressure regulator differences Rain
BMW K1200GT - 2003 (ZK01223) Florida
BMW K1200GT - 2004 (ZK27240) Australia

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum