BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

151Back to top Go down   Nindigully ride in May. - Page 4 Empty Re: Nindigully ride in May. Wed May 14, 2014 4:12 pm

Born Again Eccentric

Life time member
Life time member
Great pictures, great account too - had me chuckling.
Sounds like a real sociable and fun gathering.

Well jealous!

152Back to top Go down   Nindigully ride in May. - Page 4 Empty Re: Nindigully ride in May. Wed May 14, 2014 8:00 pm

Pegasus

Pegasus
Silver member
Silver member
groverK wrote:Andrew , that screen is massive on the RS, how do you find it , looks like it keeps you protected quite well.

There used to be a dealer located at Balmain NSW that imported the Aeroflow screens from the USA.
They weren't cheap!
I bought mine 2nd hand from a fellow BMWMCQ member who was selling his K100RS.
The are 2 sizes of screen - regular and tall. I have the "tall" fitted.
http://www.aeroflowscreens.com/K100_1100RS/K100RS_K1100RS.htm
It makes a considerable improvement to my comfort (I have bar risers fitted as well) but knocks the fuel economy about.
The skippys were bad between Nindigully and Talwood on Sunday morning.
I cruised between 90 - 100km/h and had to hit the brakes 4 times to avoid our furry friends!

Andrew

153Back to top Go down   Nindigully ride in May. - Page 4 Empty Missing ninja Fri May 16, 2014 6:10 pm

Garyk100

Garyk100
Gold member
Gold member
Damn looked like a top time was had, I was told years ago I would end up in a wheelchair due to nerve damage down my left side, left leg is weak, but I get around without a limp, but when I stopped at kilcoy my right knee started to swell, dont know why but it would not bend, anyway enough of my unhealthy crap, hope there is another run soon, Gary

1991 K100rs16v

154Back to top Go down   Nindigully ride in May. - Page 4 Empty Re: Nindigully ride in May. Fri May 16, 2014 9:11 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Yeah getting old is a bloody disaster.
I am doing the Alpine rally near Canberra on the June long weekend if you are interested.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

155Back to top Go down   Nindigully ride in May. - Page 4 Empty Re: Nindigully ride in May. Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:31 pm

floyd

floyd
Life time member
Life time member
Pegasus wrote:
groverK wrote:Andrew , that screen is massive on the RS, how do you find it , looks like it keeps you protected quite well.

There used to be a dealer located at Balmain NSW that imported the Aeroflow screens from the USA.
They weren't cheap!
I bought mine 2nd hand from a fellow BMWMCQ member who was selling his K100RS.
The are 2 sizes of screen - regular and tall. I have the "tall" fitted.
http://www.aeroflowscreens.com/K100_1100RS/K100RS_K1100RS.htm
It makes a considerable improvement to my comfort (I have bar risers fitted as well) but knocks the fuel economy about.
The skippys were bad between Nindigully and Talwood on Sunday morning.
I cruised between 90 - 100km/h and had to hit the brakes 4 times to avoid our furry friends!

Andrew

Nice screen. Me wants. Bloody expensive though. May just have to use the LT front fairing I guess. 

Wonder if someone in Aus could make a screen like that, custom?

156Back to top Go down   Nindigully ride in May. - Page 4 Empty Re: Nindigully ride in May. Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:49 am

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Have a look at Screens For Bikes.....they made a special screen for my orange bike

157Back to top Go down   Nindigully ride in May. - Page 4 Empty Re: Nindigully ride in May. Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:26 am

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
Screens for bikes . com Located in Mexico (Vic). 

I have bought two screens from this chap.  A tinted 75S and the low cut RT screen. 

The owners name escapes me but I was impressed with his service.  I think he spends a day answering emails and the rest of the week making screens to order.  My screens cost $120 & $140 with $20 P&P.  Turn around was a week or so depending on how busy he is. 

I said to him that I am happy to support the local guy as against buying overseas.  There is also the chance a screen being damaged if arriving from overseas thru the mail. 

He receives the TacKler thumbs up tick of approval.   Nindigully ride in May. - Page 4 212902 

Cheers, D

158Back to top Go down   Nindigully ride in May. - Page 4 Empty Re: Nindigully ride in May. Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:48 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
worth bookmarking for sure dave ...

crikey stan is that where you got it ??

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum