BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   petrol pump on K100RS 1984 model Empty petrol pump on K100RS 1984 model Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:20 pm

Hi to you all,

I recently acquired a K100 and have a project to get it registered and running in the UK. It came from Australia originally.
The bike is in good shape apparently but the tank was letting in water.
I have flushed the tank and have a new filter ready for installation.

The pump was working before the flushing and I'm sure it will work again. I'm worried that water may still be in there. Is there a way to really flush the pump out?

Also the gauze filter at the base of the pump has a hole in it. I'm told here that they are no longer available. Does anyone have a suggestion for fixing it or finding a suitable replacement. Is it safe ti run the engine without this?

I have also got new seals and gaskets for the tank and have tried to clear potential blockages in the drain vent.

All the best,
Neal

2Back to top Go down   petrol pump on K100RS 1984 model Empty Re: petrol pump on K100RS 1984 model Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:21 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
I found 2 companies in the US selling the screen for about $15.
BMW # is: 16121455126

A&S BMW Motorcyces
Boxerworks.com On-Line Store
Another one just for the fun

Bert

3Back to top Go down   petrol pump on K100RS 1984 model Empty Re: petrol pump on K100RS 1984 model Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:21 pm

Bert,

Thank you for the reply and info. Much appreciated!
Regards,
Neal

4Back to top Go down   petrol pump on K100RS 1984 model Empty Re: petrol pump on K100RS 1984 model Thu May 22, 2008 6:21 pm

beamhead

Hi,

I have just had to clean the tank and fuel filter after picking up some bad petrol full of water and other filth.

Looking at the crude, plastic gause filter that slips onto the bottom of the pump there is a tube that clearly looks intended to take a pipe but it was not connected to anything before I removed the pump and the pdf manual I have does not indicate it being connected.

If this remains open there seems little point in have this filter since much of the petrol will be sucked in through the hole and not though the filter.

Can anyone explain what I should connect here?

TIA.

5Back to top Go down   petrol pump on K100RS 1984 model Empty Re: petrol pump on K100RS 1984 model Sun May 25, 2008 6:20 pm

Hi,
The gauze filter can connect to a breather pipe on later models I believe - mine does not have this feature.
Best,
Neal

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum