BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Hey from Hervey Bay, Australia! Empty Hey from Hervey Bay, Australia! Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:51 pm

K-rules-OK

Hi, Roly here from Queensland. I purchased my 1985 K100RS about 9 months ago. I have owned only 250's and most recently a 50cc scooter. I wanted a bigger bike because I was sick of slowing down on even low gradient hills. My friend sugested a BMW as I already had a BMW car (1984 E30-323i). I always liked the K100RS as a workmate of mine bought a brand new one in 1988.
I got mine on eBay, and is in quite good overall condition, odometer reads 53,000 Km, but is not working.
I just ordered a tube of Honda Moly 60 (AU$53-for 85 gram tube!) I will do the dreaded spine lube job very soon. Wish me luck!
I will post a few pics soon as soon as i work out how!

2Back to top Go down   Hey from Hervey Bay, Australia! Empty Re: Hey from Hervey Bay, Australia! Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:24 am

Mate, ya won't go wrong with a solid old K-bike to ride, and if ya need a good speedo/odo reconditioner I know a bloke in Canungra, Queensland who can do the job well and for a reasonable dollar. It's usually, but not always, just a simple cleaning of the sender in the final drive, sometimes the connections to the back of the instruments if lights and/or the other gages don't work, or the plastic whirly bits in the speedo head. Lemme know and I'll get you his number. Welcome.
Cheers!

3Back to top Go down   Hey from Hervey Bay, Australia! Empty Re: Hey from Hervey Bay, Australia! Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:39 am

K-rules-OK

Hi, I have dis-assembled the speedo, and the gears are all buggered. I bought a set of gears from US, but 2 out of the 3 gears were the wrong size! I would appreciatr that phone number.
Cheers, Roly.

4Back to top Go down   Hey from Hervey Bay, Australia! Empty Re: Hey from Hervey Bay, Australia! Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:51 am

K-rules-OK

Here are a few pics, just how she arrived from Brisbane.
Hey from Hervey Bay, Australia! Dscn4513Hey from Hervey Bay, Australia! Dscn4514Hey from Hervey Bay, Australia! Dscn4515

Hey from Hervey Bay, Australia! Dscn3110Hey from Hervey Bay, Australia! Dscn3111
Here, replacing the rear brakes.
Hey from Hervey Bay, Australia! Dscn4516
My Daytona Chinese scooter is now sold.

5Back to top Go down   Hey from Hervey Bay, Australia! Empty Re: Hey from Hervey Bay, Australia! Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:05 am

K-rules-OK

Here is a pic of my beloved car, the "Bavarian Falcon". I have owned it for 7 years.

Hey from Hervey Bay, Australia! Framed10

6Back to top Go down   Hey from Hervey Bay, Australia! Empty Re: Hey from Hervey Bay, Australia! Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:00 am

Ray Peake BMW, Canungra, 07 5543 5962. He works from his rural property and is helpful and very knowledgeable.
Nice looking machine. Good luck.

7Back to top Go down   Hey from Hervey Bay, Australia! Empty Re: Hey from Hervey Bay, Australia! Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:18 am

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Roly,
Good to have you aboard we are getting a good few from the West Island as we Kiwis call Aussie.
Regards,
K-BIKE

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum