BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   roadside service Empty roadside service Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:31 am

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
Just been browsing for pics of Aussie motorcycle insurance providers , operating roadside service on motorcycles .
Are these services still operational in your area?

this is a pic of a K in service with the NRMA ( National Roads and Motorist Association) here in NSW during the 80's.
roadside service 88-rei10

He best be wary , should a K rider ring for assistance , his bike may be stripped for parts.

1993 K1100RS  0194321         Colour #690 Silk Blue  aka " Smurfette"
2018 Kart upgrade.
roadside service 10_x_110

2Back to top Go down   roadside service Empty Re: roadside service Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:13 pm

Holister

Holister
Life time member
Life time member
As far as I know NRMA still use motorcycles for their vehicle roadside assist in Sydney metro area only.

As for insurance and roadside assist for motorcycles.
I use GIO which insures my K for $5,200 with $400 exess for $22/month. Purchase price was $3,000
I also subscribe to NSW Motorcycle Alliance for 24/7 Australia wide roadside assistance for $35/year. Not had to use them yet and I hope I don't have to, so I really can't say what the service is like. Its limited to a couple of call-outs a year which is probably a good idea to keep cost down.
NRMA has a service for motorcycles as well but its unlimited and a lot more expensive.

1989 K100RT     VIN  0097367 (naked)  
1996 K1100RS   VIN  0451808
 roadside service Austra12    Fuel:  95 Octane
Engine Oil: Nulon Full Synthetic 15W50
Gear Box Oil:  Nulon Synthetic 75W90

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum