BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   another wire, well... Empty another wire, well... Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:48 pm

nodrtbike

nodrtbike
sort of a wire. It's actually a ground strap, you know the wide braided type earth wire. While I was getting the heated grips and emergency flasher working today I noticed this ground strap that runs along the left side fairing support, just to the left of the headlight, it's not connected to anything. I think it's the same one that's fastened to all the other earth wires under the fuel tank. It runs over and back through the steering neck and under the tank. Where is it suppose to fasten? This bike had a radio on it at some time in it's life, there's a hole in the front of the left glove box where I assume the wires for the radio went. Noticed some rattling in the front end today that I hadn't heard previously, think it was this earth strap banging around in the fairing.

Is this large long earth strap suppose to be hooked to something? does it ground the fairing to the frame? Thank you for your help, bob

2Back to top Go down   another wire, well... Empty Re: another wire, well... Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:08 am

sgmayhew

sgmayhew
Silver member
Silver member
Almost certainly the earth strap from the raio aerial. Steve

3Back to top Go down   another wire, well... Empty Re: another wire, well... Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:19 am

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
This wire doesn't exist on a standard K100. It must be for the radio

4Back to top Go down   another wire, well... Empty OK thanks... Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:06 pm

nodrtbike

nodrtbike
I zip tied it to the fairing support, so it won't be making a bunch of noise. I live off from a township road, it's got chip and seal on it (fine limestone mixed with asphalt) and it's fairly bumpy, so every little thing that can rattle will rattle when going over this road.

Thank you for you help, bob

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum