BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   K75c Fork brace/Mudguard mount Empty K75c Fork brace/Mudguard mount Fri May 15, 2015 2:36 pm

Life time member
Life time member
My nuts are stuck!!!  Mad the four holding the front mudguard and brace are all siezed solid and the heads are mush. I've soaked them for a week, tried the hammered in Torx bit and nothing moving. If I get the "hot spanner" (i.e. grinder) to them can anyone tell me if the '85 brace and guards will fit a '91 (I know where there's a set to be had).

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

2Back to top Go down   K75c Fork brace/Mudguard mount Empty Re: K75c Fork brace/Mudguard mount Fri May 15, 2015 2:44 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
In a word Will No. You may have to take the forks apart and use some heat, the alloy grows inside the hole and it seizes really hard. I ground the head of and hammered the remainder out

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

3Back to top Go down   K75c Fork brace/Mudguard mount Empty Re: K75c Fork brace/Mudguard mount Fri May 15, 2015 2:48 pm

Life time member
Life time member
RicK G wrote:In a word Will No. You may have to take the forks apart and use some heat, the alloy grows inside the hole and it seizes really hard. I ground the head of and hammered the remainder out
Onya Rick G.!  I was afraid of that! if you can hammer them through I'm assuming they are shouldered and not threaded bolts. Correct?

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

4Back to top Go down   K75c Fork brace/Mudguard mount Empty Re: K75c Fork brace/Mudguard mount Fri May 15, 2015 3:29 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
They are long shank 6mm with a nut on the back, no thread in the hole. You only need to loosen them to get the guard off as the holes are slotted.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum