BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Ali clean or spray Empty Ali clean or spray Thu May 27, 2010 5:39 pm

badgerdid

badgerdid
Silver member
Silver member
Whats the best thing to do with the ali parts, engine and wheels etc. I dont know whether to clean them with something like the wheel foaming stuff and a rub or spray them with ali coloured paint?

Whats the general opinion, what did you do to yours?

2Back to top Go down   Ali clean or spray Empty Ali clean or spray Thu May 27, 2010 8:41 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Hello from Oz
I have just been going through this process with my disgusting wheels. I used a commercial car care product which is diluted phosphoric acid. It worked really well, but I was able to lie the wheels down (after I removed them of course, this time at least). If you have any nicks or scratches on your hands you will soon know about them. I was pretty happy with the result, then read somewhere else on this forum about a home made sandblaster using baking powder as the sand. It should still be here somewhere but I have red wine memory today so someone else will have to point out the link. It was a VW resto link.
Regards to the old blighty.

3Back to top Go down   Ali clean or spray Empty Re: Ali clean or spray Thu May 27, 2010 9:44 pm

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

4Back to top Go down   Ali clean or spray Empty Re: Ali clean or spray Fri May 28, 2010 5:22 am

badgerdid

badgerdid
Silver member
Silver member
Yes i had seen that one, but i dont have an air compressor, did have but never used it so sold it, typical.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum