BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   K75 Front mudguard (fender) Empty K75 Front mudguard (fender) Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:02 pm

Skorpi660

Skorpi660
Hi Guys,

when I picked up my bike it had this different kind of front mudguard on it, one that I have never seen the like of b4. The back half of the front mudguard (fender) looks a bit odd, it has a deeper lower part that partly covers the lower fork leg, strange thing is it has the same markings inside to a standard one & is made from the same material, so it must be a genuine BMW part, but from which model I wonder ??

Has anyone seen the likes of it b4 ??

K75 Front mudguard (fender) Mikeyb12

2Back to top Go down   K75 Front mudguard (fender) Empty Re: K75 Front mudguard (fender) Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:12 pm

mike d

Life time member
Life time member
Looks like a slightly modified K1100LT  mudguard.

Mike

3Back to top Go down   K75 Front mudguard (fender) Empty Re: K75 Front mudguard (fender) Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:51 pm

Skorpi660

Skorpi660
Hi Mike and cheers Bud,

you would like to think that the front would have mirrored the rear, unless the front is standard K75/K1100RS and the rear is off an LT.

The retaining tags that bolt to the lower fork legs have had little washers added to them both otherwise they are in really good condition..

No longer required, so if anyone is thinking of adding extra wet/winter riding protection or even a more K1 look to their Ride'n'Joy then Drop me a Tag if you are interested..

I'll take some close-ups and put them on the for sale site properly when time permits..

I require a few little bits myself so would be more than happy to swap/exchange....

I wouldn't mind a 3wire hazard light switch
Black rubber bit that fits behind the centre bolt that holds both guards together through the fork brace..
Also the plug that goes into the brake pipe hole in the top of the left hand side of the rear part of the fender..
Right hand side front indicator..
Short K75s Mirror. I have one short and one long (K75c) the long one hits the screen; but actually gives a better view behind, anyhoo a short stem one would be nice..
A seat stay, mine is missing and it is annoying that BMW did not make the side swing over the other way then it would not necessarily need one, if I don't find one I'll end up making one or something similar...
A proper exhaust clamp, mines got a car type 'C' clamps around where the silencer meets the headers..
A RubberBrake calliper bleed nipple dust cover..

And finally a K1100rs 4.50x18" rear wheel if they fit so I can drop the ol'gal onto radials..

Farva Quipmaz I been a wheely wheely good bouy, onest I av...... santa

4Back to top Go down   K75 Front mudguard (fender) Empty Re: K75 Front mudguard (fender) Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:28 pm

mike d

Life time member
Life time member
you would like to think that the front would have mirrored the rear, unless the front is standard K75/K1100RS and the rear is off an LT.

That's what I said, the rear section looks to be off a K1100LT. It would normally have Velcro strips holding the ears to the fork leg. Some owners drill these to mount retaining bolts.

The picture of your bike in the registry section, shows it with a grey front mudguard, which looks the correct shape.

Mike

5Back to top Go down   K75 Front mudguard (fender) Empty Re: K75 Front mudguard (fender) Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:00 pm

Skorpi660

Skorpi660
Hi Mike D,
    the picture with the lellow LT guard on is from when I first picked up the bike and the pictures with the silver guard on are ones I took after I had found some side panels and the fairing front centre/headlight mounting panel and the guard was thrown in for a little more on the deal..

I really didn't need the guard but thought it would save me the trouble and expense of re-painting the other parts and trying to get a colour match would have proven difficult..
also thought the silver would break up the Lellow and give the old girl a more upto date BMW sporty colour scheme.

My normal way of dealing with odd colour panels & poorly finished paint work is to rub down and paint them satin matt black or very dark grey..

The paintwork on the K75s has come up a real treat & don't need re-painting, I generally spend time and money on the mechanicals and juz tart up the cosmetics, or pull them off and swap or flog um to get the funds to do the mechanics.. A function over form sort of thing...

I've really kind of grown to liken the Ol'Brick, I only really got her to ride whilst I finish the shed I am in the middle of building to get my other bikes up & running again......

I juz hope that when I get both the VMAX and the Virago back up & running the Beemer doesn't become surplus to my requirements as I have other projects in storage to someday sort out, a'78 GS750, MuZ Skorpion, '56 Royal Enfield Model G& a Honda H100a to name but a few.. I'm a bit of a hoarder I'm afraid to say or is it better to be termed as a 'Collector' of all tingz old and bountiful...
 But if finances become tight I will have to fight the urge to sell if I am handed a fist full Squidly Diddliez to part with her......

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum