BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

51Back to top Go down   Roadtrippin' - Page 2 Empty Re: Roadtrippin' Mon 9 Aug 2010 - 1:02

badgerdid

Silver member
Silver member
Can i ask if you used anything for the dreaded bum numbness? airhawk etc, im off for a 1300 mile round trip soon and have yet to find anything good.

Or do you have any advice etc?

52Back to top Go down   Roadtrippin' - Page 2 Empty Re: Roadtrippin' Mon 9 Aug 2010 - 8:49

Ned

Ned
Life time member
Life time member
Weipa, Queensland ! Geez, if you go any further north you can swim to New Guinea. Well, you would have to as there is no other way to get there.
Did I say swim? Weipa has the biggest crocodiles even. 18 to 20 foot beasts is the norm rather than unusual Smile
Have a great trip!

05/1986 (K55) K100RS Motorsport (Europe), Production Code: 0503, 110k km, VIN:0140519 (SOLD)
1976 Honda Goldwing GL1000 (naked)
1997 BMW K1200RS red, VIN: WB10544A1VZA22667

53Back to top Go down   Roadtrippin' - Page 2 Empty Re: Roadtrippin' Mon 9 Aug 2010 - 19:21

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
badgerdid wrote:Can i ask if you used anything for the dreaded bum numbness? airhawk etc, im off for a 1300 mile round trip soon and have yet to find anything good. Or do you have any advice etc?

- Have you tried wearing diapers? Rolling Eyes
- You could start eating 3 MacDonald 'happy meal' a day and within 2 weeks you will have gained enough padding on your bum to be able to ride 1300 miles at once. Rolling Eyes

I once tried a friend's K100 with the wooden beads seat cover and was impressed with it. Numb bum is the result of heat but the beads let the air circulate and cool you down. This cover can be purchased Here for $32.

Roadtrippin' - Page 2 Brfront_lg

I was using a pair of cycling shorts but this year I switched to the Icon riding shorts. The advantage of the ikon is that they have a good padding on the hip and bum area. They are also made with a type of mesh material and are not as hot as the cycling shorts.

Roadtrippin' - Page 2 320x320-FULL

54Back to top Go down   Roadtrippin' - Page 2 Empty Re: Roadtrippin' Mon 9 Aug 2010 - 20:04

I have a hard-as Corbin leather seat (feels too firm the first part of the ride then gradually eases up as the day wears on) and use LDComfort http://ldcomfort.com/store/ motorcycle riding shorts. I also don't firm up the pre-load on the rear spring too much, dependent on the load carried.

55Back to top Go down   Roadtrippin' - Page 2 Empty Re: Roadtrippin' Sat 25 Sep 2010 - 12:16

Cablebeacher

Silver member
Silver member
Hi all
Just ran into TWB in Broome where K100's are far and few between... Got talking next to his bike sharing a few stories and the penny dropped. What a great forum this can be at times!
He is heading out of town tomorrow and going south. I am also heading out of town (school holidays) today so the sum of that is we had to part ways.

TWB sends his regards to you all and apoligised for not keeping his info on his trip up to date!

Pitty I had not read this forum for a couple of weeks or we could have caught up properly. We don't get too many K riders through this area.

Regards to you all

Mal
Cablebeacher

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum