BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

51Back to top Go down   Rattle at Idle - Page 2 Empty how to? Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:52 am

SniperX

Silver member
Silver member
Is there a guide or a how to here on this site or anywhere for this? Preferably a video? This is next for me after I finish the new fan and installing the trunk.

52Back to top Go down   Rattle at Idle - Page 2 Empty Re: Rattle at Idle Fri May 05, 2017 2:22 am

Kafflut

Kafflut
Silver member
Silver member
Albyalbatross1 wrote:I agree with rick. A lot of work in there for the repair...It is a solid repair.  The hard part is milling the hardend steel..
I pulled down the repaired output shaft today for a look see.
Rattle at Idle - Page 2 Resize75
here are the nuts used. Very little machining to be done. just enough for the nuts.
Rattle at Idle - Page 2 Resize76
And when i showed a friend of mine for a third eye.. he simply said.."HUH! There just threaded rivets..!! get some more the same diameter and a bit longer and thread em bolt em up!!""
Albyalbatross1 wrote:I agree with rick. A lot of work in there for the repair...It is a solid repair.  The hard part is milling the hardend steel..
here are the nuts used. Very little machining to be done. just enough for the nuts.
And when i showed a friend of mine for a third eye.. he simply said.."HUH! There just threaded rivets..!! get some more the same diameter and a bit longer and thread em bolt em up!!""
Rattle at Idle - Page 2 Resize77
Who new it would be that simple...Now who do we know with a mini lathe to mill out a bit of alloy and hold a rivet in the chuck to thread it??? This repair should last .

Who new it would be that simple...Now who do we know with a mini lathe to mill out a bit of alloy and hold a rivet in the chuck to thread it??? This repair should last .

I suggest ask Albyalbatross1, RickG & Crazy Frog. I also found this pdf in German that could be helpful http://hrsbstaff.ednet.ns.ca/bvogel/K100/download/output_shaft_repair.pdf

http://bmwk100k75.weebly.com/

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum