BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

K Put

K Put
Just thought this might help, (my thoughts being more shared info the better.) My daily ride K started running rough, misfiring fouled plugs, generally feeling awful, just like running contaminated fuel. Eventually traced the problem while replacing the clutch cable, to a knackered trunking hose clip connecting the plenum chamber to the airbox, resulting in the engine drawing from atmosphere instead of through the airflow meter, one new clip and its running better than ever. Rough running problem............cured Icon_biggrin Just cannot explain how the clip packed up.

ReneZ

ReneZ
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks for sharing, this might help someone else to cure their issues!! Great!

Rene

BMW K100 - 1985 (0030029) Scotland Rough running problem............cured Rain
BMW K1200GT - 2003 (ZK01223) Florida
BMW K1200GT - 2004 (ZK27240) Australia

Ned

Ned
Life time member
Life time member
K Put wrote:....knackered trunking hose clip connecting the plenum chamber to the airbox, resulting in the engine drawing from atmosphere instead of through the airflow meter, one new clip and its running better than ever. Rough running problem............cured Icon_biggrin Just cannot explain how the clip packed up.

Just a note to say that this is the one that gets all the abuse related to removal of air filters and any service related to the engine side of the throttle bodies. Your post should be a tip to all who want to make their bikes run well and smoothly. Check your connections for air leaks before you do anything fancy... basics first Smile Well done.

05/1986 (K55) K100RS Motorsport (Europe), Production Code: 0503, 110k km, VIN:0140519 (SOLD)
1976 Honda Goldwing GL1000 (naked)
1997 BMW K1200RS red, VIN: WB10544A1VZA22667

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum