BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

newfiebob

Hello all,
Well, a few words as to why I am here.
First of all, back in 1995, while still a youngster of 44, I bought my first and only BMW K100, after many Japaneese m/c's.
What a pleasure to ride. Have now had it since 1995, apart from a period of ownership by my younger brother for the past 5 years.
The machine did not miss a beat in all that time, as it was regularly serviced and maintained by both myself and my brother.

Unfortunately, my brother was in a fatal motor vehicle accident last year, and the bike was returned to me.

Now, I was of two minds as to what I should do with it, as it has not been used for some two years now, and is slightly the worse for wear.

The paint job done on it some years ago, was not a good one, and it has superficial damage over the tank where petrol leaked out and ran down the side, bubbling the paint.
Both right hand indicators (complete and undamaged), have come away from the body of the bike after a drop while removing it from the shed, and the right hand fog light bracket is bent from the same drop.My brother was in the process of restoring the bike, and removed a couple of cables from it, which I have.

After many months of deliberation, I have decided to sell the bike to someone who might like to restore it.

I considered selling it for parts, but do not have the knowledge to converse with riders like yourselves about it, or the tools and knowhow to dismantle confidently.

Thus, my plea to all you K100 enthusiasts. Do you know anyone who might like to buy the bike for restoration.

I dont know, it may only be good for parts now days, but i would much rather see the bike go to someone who knows what they are doing, rather than just parts.

If anyone interested, you can contact me direct at newfiebob2@bigpond.com

Many thanks to all.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum