BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Creating Back Pressure Empty Creating Back Pressure Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:39 pm

DBRMN

DBRMN
Life time member
Life time member
Question about exhausts. Recently I have started my bike with and without an exhaust, with an exhaust it sounds like a dyson and without an exhaust it sounds like demon. However obviously it wouldn't idle without an exhaust so my question is how can I get halfway in between leaning on the side of demon. Clearly I could use a aftermarket silencer but I've been reading about positioning washers in you exhaust pipe to get a more straight pipe sound with more back pressure.

Anyone got any opinions on this or have an aftermarket exhaust and a sound clip?

Thanks a lot,

DBRMN

2Back to top Go down   Creating Back Pressure Empty Re: Creating Back Pressure Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:50 am

Gauntlett

Gauntlett
Silver member
Silver member
Currently running 4 straight through straight pipes on the trike, 3 to 3.5 ft long after the down pipes different lengths to balance each cylinder. Sounds great but a tad noisy when giving it the beans, idles and runs fine have yet to check plugs after extended run but tailpipes inside colour looks OK.

P.s. will try to emulate Big Dawg decibel killers if I require a little back pressure

3Back to top Go down   Creating Back Pressure Empty Re: Creating Back Pressure Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:46 pm

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
DBRMN wrote:. . . I've been reading about positioning washers in you exhaust pipe to get a more straight pipe sound with more back pressure.
Anyone got any opinions on this or have an aftermarket exhaust and a sound clip?
In 1967, my CL77 had an adjustable washer in each of its two straight pipes. It was called a Snuff-or-Not. It worked to make it a loud bike. I reinstalled the original silencer because the Snuff-or-Not just led cops to my location. Laughing

Use this link to listen exhaust sounds of models from cafe4racer. Click on each model; scroll down to the video. You could also use the term K100 exhaust in the YouTube search window. You'll get plenty to hear after that.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum