BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Fuse Capacities for a 1984 K100rs Empty Fuse Capacities for a 1984 K100rs Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:04 am

mongoX

Hi all im a newbie to the board. I need to know the fuse capacities from the top downwards.
Ive got doubts on the fuses on my bike.I lost my cover and dont have a users manual. Thanks for the help.
Also are there (OEM )alternatives to the original fuel pump rubber damper in the tank as mine melted away .A new one could take 3 weeks.

thanks
MongoX

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Here it is...

Fuse Capacities for a 1984 K100rs Fuse

The fuse panel from the original electrical schematic (picture above) doesn't show the fuses at the right position. It only shows the value for each circuit. The table below shows the exact physical location (early K100rt).

Fuse Capacities for a 1984 K100rs Fuse-l10

Last edited by Crazy Frog on Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added the location table)

3Back to top Go down   Fuse Capacities for a 1984 K100rs Empty Re: Fuse Capacities for a 1984 K100rs Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:28 am

mongoX

Thank you .Mine are defenitely wrong ive only got one 7.5 the res are 15.Could explain why my fuel pump burnt out.
Thank you very much.
Ive still got to look for an alternative to the OEM replacement fuel Pump and rubber damper.

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Don't beat yourself up the fuel pump would not burn out because you had the wrong fuse it would burn out because it seized and the fuse did not pop kind of backwards logic I guess but the base problem was the pump.
Regards,
K-BIKE

5Back to top Go down   Fuse Capacities for a 1984 K100rs Empty Re: Fuse Capacities for a 1984 K100rs Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:20 am

badgerdid

badgerdid
Silver member
Silver member
im fitting an autocom unit and a mp3 player to my bike, under the seat, and am wondering which fuse i need to come off.

Im thinking of wiring the autocom unit to the back light and want to wire the mp3 player thingy to a fuse, i presume the three middle ones are always live not switched, which would be the best one to wire it too?

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Personally,
I took it from the alarm socket because it was easy to get to in the relay box and I was never going to put the key operated BMW alarm on the bike.
Regards,
K-BIKE

Adiwan Djohanli

Adiwan Djohanli
Silver member
Silver member
Best to put the correct fuse capacity on.

You may want to take out the fuel pump and dismantle it. There is an article in this web on how to repair it.

I have a same bike K100RS 1984 as yours. The fuel pump may NOT be the original??? But the bike is running well so far after some work done and the HELP of THIS FORUM.

Good luck.

8Back to top Go down   Fuse Capacities for a 1984 K100rs Empty More 1984 K100RS lovers! Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:48 pm

Adiwan Djohanli wrote:

I have a same bike K100RS 1984 as yours.

...and I have the same as yours. Very Happy

9Back to top Go down   Fuse Capacities for a 1984 K100rs Empty Re: Fuse Capacities for a 1984 K100rs Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:25 am

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
K-BIKE wrote:Don't beat yourself up the fuel pump would not burn out because you had the wrong fuse it would burn out because it seized and the fuse did not pop kind of backwards logic I guess but the base problem was the pump.
Regards,
K-BIKE
K bike is right. The pump has seized for some reason, if like my latest project which sat for 6 years, water in the gas, rusted the pump, wouldn't turn. Pulled it all apart and repaired it though, thanks to this forum...

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum