BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Hazard flasher switch Empty Hazard flasher switch Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:41 pm

Leon

Leon
Hi all

I am wanting to replace my hazard flasher switch because it has seized up and the three wires that affix to the terminals are not attached due to corrosion. I have purchased a 12v spst rocker switch but I am unsure in what sequence the three wires are solded to the contacts.

The three wires are

yellow / violet

blue / white

brown.

😕

I have been quoted £20 for a second hand switch and cable which I find is a bit over the top I am prepaired to pay.

Many thanks

2Back to top Go down   Hazard flasher switch Empty Re: Hazard flasher switch Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:32 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
I believe that the original 4 ways flasher switch is no more than a spst.
The Yellow / violet and blue / white are what is used by the flashing unit. The brown wire (ground) is simply there for the built in bulb inside the switch.

3Back to top Go down   Hazard flasher switch Empty Re: Hazard flasher switch Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:48 pm

Stout

Aha - I just realised my K100RT probably has the same problem as Leon's.

I've only had my bike a few weeks and most of that time has been consumed with major work to get it on the road, so I haven't had time to play with little things yet.

I noticed soon after bringing it home that although it had what appeared to be a hazard flasher or fog light switch on the cover at the centre of the handlebars, it didn't move and didn't seem to do anything. It was on my list of little things to check out sometime....

4Back to top Go down   Hazard flasher switch Empty Re: Hazard flasher switch Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:20 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
If I remember correctly, the switch is easy to put apart. I think there is a pin holding the rocker. If you remove it, it will give you the opportunity to clean and lubricate the assembly.

5Back to top Go down   Hazard flasher switch Empty Re: Hazard flasher switch Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:06 am

Leon

Leon
Hi all
Unfortunately, the switch is not worth saving, even the bulb and red lens cover is missing. The bike is in bits at the present for the winter due to comming accross a number of niggling jobs to do ie; seized cooling fan, seized brake pad pins, rear disc replacment, crack in r/h side fairing and broken on L/H top mounting. Replaced most bulbs in the console and headlight.

I have bought a number of second hand parts and new over the last four months which has cost me a small fortune, my last item being a decent S/H pair of front forks. I am stuck at present in working on the bike as I am in the process of converting my garage into a workshop to give me the space to work in and eventually purchase another "K" for spares.......

Regards

Leon

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum