BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Replacement Coils Empty Replacement Coils Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:14 pm

naut023

naut023
So I have a dead coil and I reckon I have read 30 different threads on the way to go with Coils. I believe genuine are now NLA and Mondeo coils seem to be the go. 

I can get this https://www.munichmotorcycles.com.au/product/ignition-coil-kit-aftermarket-new-style/?wccf_qv_conf=1 (looks like the Mondeo one?) with leads and being in Australia it won't take forever to get here. Looks like BSK offer the same thing, maybe that's where Munich get them from. 

Or I can get this from Kparts Holland but it will cost more and take longer to get here.

I could also look to replace it with a second hand part, but they are the old black type and I understand they are not that reliable anyway. So if I am going to replace I would be looking the later ones and have to replace both anyway.

Looking for opinions on the best way to go.

2Back to top Go down   Replacement Coils Empty Re: Replacement Coils Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:42 pm

ddunks

ddunks
Hey fella, I’m going through the same thing at the moment see my thread re tacho and coils thus far everything bar the tacho signal seems ok. If u have aftermarket clocks this may or may not be a problem.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum