BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   FUEL PUMP REPLACEMENT Empty FUEL PUMP REPLACEMENT Thu May 26, 2011 6:33 am

CanberraDave

CanberraDave
Gold member
Gold member
Folks I was searching the part number stamped on my Bosch Fuel Pump (0 580 463 999) and came across this web document
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/68749474/GM-FORD-FUEL-PUMP . If you go to page 9 (make it full screen it is easier to see) it shows a picture of the fuel pump and says that the Boric No. DRB440 is a direct replacement for this Bosch pump (and 2 others). It also says it is used in Peugot 205 86 - . The picture certainly looks the goods.

They are manufactured by a mob called Boric Industries in Florida. I think they are only wholesalers and I am having trouble finding a retailer. Has anyone had anything to do with these? Are they cheaper than the Bosch? Are they any good?

VIN # 0097704

What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

2Back to top Go down   FUEL PUMP REPLACEMENT Empty Re: FUEL PUMP REPLACEMENT Thu May 26, 2011 7:07 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Hey Dave, maybe ring a Peugot parts importer. Are there any in Canberra?

My brother-in-law farts around with older Pugs (more money than sense), so I'll ask him...and tomorrow I'll ring a Pug parts importer if I find one around Brisbane.

Good find, we may be on to something here!

Last edited by blakey on Thu May 26, 2011 8:01 am; edited 1 time in total

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

3Back to top Go down   FUEL PUMP REPLACEMENT Empty Re: FUEL PUMP REPLACEMENT Thu May 26, 2011 7:44 am

chrish8846

Silver member
Silver member
Since the company is it the US I'll try to contact them today and see if they sell direct or can give us a supplier that we can purchase from.

4Back to top Go down   FUEL PUMP REPLACEMENT Empty Re: FUEL PUMP REPLACEMENT Thu May 26, 2011 8:00 am

CanberraDave

CanberraDave
Gold member
Gold member
If you could do that it would be much appreciated. Also any price and shipping details would be good. It may be a dead end but worth a try if the price is right.

VIN # 0097704

5Back to top Go down   FUEL PUMP REPLACEMENT Empty Re: FUEL PUMP REPLACEMENT Thu May 26, 2011 8:11 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
i wouldnt count on it beeing cheep dave ...i have heard horror stories of pug parts ,,,,,a simple thermo fan replacement of one of my mates at work cost him over $1000,,,but thats a great initiative ...good luck !!

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

6Back to top Go down   FUEL PUMP REPLACEMENT Empty Re: FUEL PUMP REPLACEMENT Thu May 26, 2011 5:00 pm

Comberjohn

Comberjohn
Life time member
Life time member
I'm using an Italian made pump. Also identical to the Bosch unit but the one I have is noisier in operation and has a lower operating pressure.
The bike performs OK at normal driving speeds but starting is poor, tickover is lumpy and the bike is hesitant at low speeds. All symptoms of low fuel pressure. Think its to do with the voltage being low at low engine speeds causing pressure to drop below recommended levels.
On the bright side the pump you have mentioned is supposed to be a replacement for the correct serial number, so you may have hit on something.
Would imagine a new one could be nearly as expensive as a Bosch but it does open up the idea of getting one from a breaker for a lot less than the Bosch ones go for on eBay.
Anyone any ideas which Pug model its from?

http://www.johnsdrivingschool.co

7Back to top Go down   FUEL PUMP REPLACEMENT Empty Re: FUEL PUMP REPLACEMENT Fri May 27, 2011 9:11 am

japuentes

japuentes
Life time member
Life time member
Hi I´m using a universal pump intented for intank use on fi systems for around 100hp engines, is silent, eficient, cheap, and can find it almost every were around here.
Best regards
JAP

8Back to top Go down   FUEL PUMP REPLACEMENT Empty Re: FUEL PUMP REPLACEMENT Fri May 27, 2011 9:57 am

Comberjohn

Comberjohn
Life time member
Life time member
Hi jap. Are you going to give us a make & model number or do we get a prize if we guess it?

9Back to top Go down   FUEL PUMP REPLACEMENT Empty Re: FUEL PUMP REPLACEMENT Fri May 27, 2011 11:39 am

japuentes

japuentes
Life time member
Life time member
Hi, Im sorry I didnt recorded the new pump data, I´ll check it when change the fuel filter. But the former was a ford F1DU 9350 D1A, wich has stamped nominal flow 60lph and pressure 310KPA, both consistent with our injectors specifications (flow 12.65LPH at 250KPA) the bike runs great with both pumps.
Best regards
JAP

10Back to top Go down   FUEL PUMP REPLACEMENT Empty Re: FUEL PUMP REPLACEMENT Fri May 27, 2011 3:01 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
my toyota fuel pump is just fine ...

'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

11Back to top Go down   FUEL PUMP REPLACEMENT Empty Re: FUEL PUMP REPLACEMENT Sat May 28, 2011 5:44 pm

Comberjohn

Comberjohn
Life time member
Life time member
Well, I have just put my money where my mouth is and bought a Bosch fuel pump for a Peugot 205 GTi 1.9 for £15 on eBay. That's about $25.
Looks identical in the photo and I believe that they used the same fuel injection system on this model so the pressure should be OK.
Incidentally, they are available new but the cost is almost identical to the K100 version. The advantage could be that they are going to fetch a lot less as a used article than one listed for a K100.
Generally, used K100 pumps go for about £60 / $100 on eBay. I don't know how often the 205 version comes up for sale but could be worth a try.
Now I've got mine anyway, before prices become inflated!
More chance of finding them in car breakers too.
Won't get it before my little trip starting next Wednesday but will report on its success (or otherwise!) when I get back.

12Back to top Go down   FUEL PUMP REPLACEMENT Empty Re: FUEL PUMP REPLACEMENT Sat May 28, 2011 5:54 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
john thats just so sensible ....good luck on the trip ...cheers

13Back to top Go down   FUEL PUMP REPLACEMENT Empty Re: FUEL PUMP REPLACEMENT Sat May 28, 2011 9:31 pm

CanberraDave

CanberraDave
Gold member
Gold member
That's great John. Lokk forward to your report.

Chris, did you have any joy getting hold of the company in Florida?

VIN # 0097704

14Back to top Go down   FUEL PUMP REPLACEMENT Empty Re: FUEL PUMP REPLACEMENT Sun May 29, 2011 2:43 pm

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool

Nice one John, thats a handy tip to keep in mind look forward to your report.

BIG D

15Back to top Go down   FUEL PUMP REPLACEMENT Empty Re: FUEL PUMP REPLACEMENT Sun May 29, 2011 7:03 pm

chrish8846

Silver member
Silver member
Not yet , we had a garage door emergency that took up most of my time Fri. evening and Sat. but I will do it Monday.

16Back to top Go down   FUEL PUMP REPLACEMENT Empty Re: FUEL PUMP REPLACEMENT Sun May 29, 2011 11:30 pm

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BMW-K100-K75-Fuel-pump-/130523074937?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item1e63c81179

Does anyone have an idea about this seller and what else they've got on offer, all from an '86 K75? Actually, from squizing at his other auctions it looks to be a K100RS and he's got a stack of slightly corroded, useful, usable spares for sale (it is from Old Blighty afterall)!

17Back to top Go down   FUEL PUMP REPLACEMENT Empty Re: FUEL PUMP REPLACEMENT Mon May 30, 2011 1:53 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
I've purchased a couple of items from stbbs (Ian) previously. Very staright forward and honest bloke.

As you may be aware, postage depends on the weight. I missed out on a water/oil pump (gazumped in the dying seconds of the bid!) and the postage would have been 30 English pounds.

These parts can be quite used.

Added: Wow, I've just had a look at what else he's got!

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

18Back to top Go down   FUEL PUMP REPLACEMENT Empty Re: FUEL PUMP REPLACEMENT Mon May 30, 2011 2:50 am

walfish

walfish
Life time member
Life time member
Yep. A good seller, I have had many deals with him, also very helpful.

19Back to top Go down   FUEL PUMP REPLACEMENT Empty Re: FUEL PUMP REPLACEMENT Mon May 30, 2011 6:43 am

ReneZ

ReneZ
Life time member
Life time member
Same here, great bloke to deal with!

Rene

BMW K100 - 1985 (0030029) Scotland FUEL PUMP REPLACEMENT Rain
BMW K1200GT - 2003 (ZK01223) Florida
BMW K1200GT - 2004 (ZK27240) Australia

20Back to top Go down   FUEL PUMP REPLACEMENT Empty Re: FUEL PUMP REPLACEMENT Mon May 30, 2011 7:41 am

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool

Same here, Have had no issues with the guy straight forward transaction's.

BIG D

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum