BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   2nd Childhoof from the Frozen North Empty 2nd Childhoof from the Frozen North Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:58 am

LCB

Good Day to all from Ottawa Canada.

I woke up this morning the proud new owner of one 1988 K100RS - funny, but the last time I owned a bike was 1973 (scratch one more thing off my bucket list). She's a beaut though with only 56K KM's and purrs like a kitten. This acquisition makes me only the 3rd owner. There are a couple of minor things to attend to cosmetically (the bike was dropped by the 1st owner so a broken mirror,a scraped lower fairing panel, and a broken centre kickstand).

Would anyone out there have a line on a good parts supply source in North America for a bike of this vintage?

LCB

Beemer Boneyard (http://www.beemerboneyard.com/), K bike parts in Seattle (http://www.kbikeparts.com/), Bob's BMW (bobsbmw.com) in Jessup, Maryland, Motobins in the UK, and eBay are just five of many good places to purchase new and used pieces and parts for a bike of that vintage.

Congratulations on the nice motorbike and welcome to the forum.

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Welcome LCB!

Nothin' better than to get back on the bikes!

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
welcome lcb .......these ladys grow on you .....

i still have that satisfying grin on my face also

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool

Welcome LCB, enjoy your new bike they are great machines.

BIG D

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Welcome lcb good to have you on board.
Regards,
K-BIKE

One other thing, if you're in the market for a new centre stand try locating one that fits a K1100 model. They're wider of stance with a larger footpad to lever the heavy ol' girl upright onto, clear the tyre better, and will possibly be in better nick than a second hand K100 version.

LCB

Two Wheels Better wrote:One other thing, if you're in the market for a new centre stand try locating one that fits a K1100 model. They're wider of stance with a larger footpad to lever the heavy ol' girl upright onto, clear the tyre better, and will possibly be in better nick than a second hand K100 version.

Many thanks for the tip Two Wheels Better - I'll check that out.

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
LCB, try Shail's Motorcycles in Vancouver BC. They have a website (weak). Call Shane there, he has lots of used parts on the shelf, and ship. I use them regularly.

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Welcome LCB to the forum with the most.

Looking for a mirror can be a daunting task and not cheap but if you go to http://www.motobins.co.uk/bmw-parts.php?model=K Series you may find that new is cheaper or similar in price.

Is yours a 16 valve or the 8 valve engine.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

11Back to top Go down   2nd Childhoof from the Frozen North Empty Re: 2nd Childhoof from the Frozen North Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:46 pm

LCB

Thanks club_c - I'll check out Shail's.

And thanks K Freak - I did have a look at Motobins - a new mirror is 19.50 BPS + Vat, but I reckon the shipping charge will about equal the price of the part. I'll see what my local guys can do first.

12Back to top Go down   2nd Childhoof from the Frozen North Empty Re: 2nd Childhoof from the Frozen North Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:50 pm

LCB

By the way, I think I have located a centre stand and a lower fairing unit through Kbikeparts.com - just haggling over the price. My bikes an 8-valve (with no ABS).

Remember that Motobins charges VAT but only for those in the UK...Canadians, Americans, Aussies, and the rest don't have to pay it. Your postage fee will make up for it, however.

LCB

I noticed that this AM when I bit the bullet and ordered the mirror from Motobins. We'll see what the shipping cost is. A very comprehensive site with lots of good things for DIY'ers.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum