BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

col

col
Life time member
Life time member
after cleaning out black goop from tank, replacing fuel pump, filter, rubber mount, hoses, spark plugs,air filter,changing oil and getting the injectors cleaned at local efi shop put bike back together back together have got spark at plugs ,fuel to injectors bit start how much fuel should come out of the injectors when engine is cranked over Sad

A stock fuel injector in good nick for an 8V K100 should flow about 133cc's of fuel per minute.

col

col
Life time member
Life time member
thanks so you should see a good squirt when cranking it over
only a tiny amount comes out if you hold the injector and let it spray in your hand cant see spray but only see spot on hand

You could place each injector into a clear glass receptacle simultaneously and see what or if there's any significant difference between the amounts deposited there after cranking it a while. Measuring that result would be more scientific.

col

col
Life time member
Life time member
thanks i will try that in the morning
i never had anything to do with fuel injection before i was hoping after doing all i did it was gonna start but i was wrong
bike was running when put in shed 8years ago i was told but you never know
i read on thread somewhere something about pulling in clutch lever to start my bike cranks over without clutch pulled in should i be pulling clutch lever in

Someone's bypassed the clutch safety interlock switch. It's easy to do.

col

col
Life time member
Life time member
thats one less problem to sort out

walfish

walfish
Life time member
Life time member
col, check this link from youtube, you can compare with your bike

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n06q8fjFR9k

col

col
Life time member
Life time member
cheers for the help
pulled injectors out went to efi shop got him to check they were clean and functioning fine
started to try and work out how to check efi unit ,relays ,earth s etc,(not very smart when comes to wiring)no luck could not get fuel to come out injectors
rang dmw in melbourne and was talking to a mechanic name pete great help
told me to check a couple of things then he said try blocking of return line hey presto fuel out the injectors put bike back together, vice grips on return line press start button bike bike fires into life for the first time in 8 to 10 years only thing i did not replace was pressure control valve second hand on way from mebourne $82 happy to pay that got monies worth with advice
idling rough but i think it is set to low
responsive when throttle cranked open
now to change oil and filter gearbox and final drive oil and find why that blasted red warnig light is on done brake checks, rear tail light and found no parking light or wiring in headlight(oh what joy )
but i will get there eventually

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
good work col

the missing parker up the front could well be the reason for the red warning light being on mate

the bmu looks at 3 things rear lamps,,, parker at front and i think the blinker globes

col

col
Life time member
Life time member
had look in fairing found the wires cabled tied up(dont know why)
need to get bulb holder to fit into rectangle park light
does any know what it looks like i really dont want to have to take the fairing off to measure the hole

Get number 4 from your local dealer...Blacklocks in Albury, most likely. Part number 63 12 1 459 131. Or send me a message tomorrow and I'll see if it's in stock at BMW's warehouses in Australia...

how much fuel should come out of injectors Headli10

col

col
Life time member
Life time member
thanks twb
i give them a call in the morning if no luck i wil send a pm

ReneZ

ReneZ
Life time member
Life time member
Just going back to an earlier post. It is perfectly OK to be able to start the bike without pulling in the clutch, as there is a 'safety' in the speedo that allows starting if the bike is in neutral. Only when that doesn't work (or where the bike's in gear) would you need to pull the clutch.

Rene

BMW K100 - 1985 (0030029) Scotland how much fuel should come out of injectors Rain
BMW K1200GT - 2003 (ZK01223) Florida
BMW K1200GT - 2004 (ZK27240) Australia

col

col
Life time member
Life time member
got all my parts i needed on changed all oils fired up runs and idles beautifully
red light on dash disappears after brake check (happy days)
new shoes on order(no stock in town)
blue slip next week i hope then free to cruise the highways( rough potholed roads this side of the sandstone curtain)
fuel light gremlin left but thats another post

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
sweet col .......good onya bloke ... cheers

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum