BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Tank Pads Attachment Empty Tank Pads Attachment Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:35 pm

downssm

downssm
Silver member
Silver member
Who knows the best adhesive to use when re-attaching the tank pads? Type? Brand? Suggestions?

Steve

2Back to top Go down   Tank Pads Attachment Empty Re: Tank Pads Attachment Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:56 pm

phil_mars

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Steve,

Do you mean the heat proofing insulation?

I managed to find some self adhesive heat reflecting material (no insulating properties) that is designed for car under bonnet area that sticks very well to a clean surface and I think there is one also self adhesive with an insulating layer.

Failing that some automotive grade doublesided tape might do the trick.

Regards,

Phil

3Back to top Go down   Tank Pads Attachment Empty Re: Tank Pads Attachment Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:23 am

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Steve,
Most of the guys on the Mercedes list recommend 3M spray adhesive for gluing insulation pads to the under side of the bonnet. They make one intended for bonnet pads on cars. I have used it on a very hot running AMG for several years with no problems.
Regards,
K-BIKE

4Back to top Go down   Tank Pads Attachment Empty Re: Tank Pads Attachment Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:51 pm

downssm

downssm
Silver member
Silver member
Thanks. I was refering to knee Pads. Looked as though these had been on with some kind of contact cement. They came off very easy.

Steve

5Back to top Go down   Tank Pads Attachment Empty Re: Tank Pads Attachment Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:38 am

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
downssm wrote:Thanks. I was refering to knee Pads. Looked as though these had been on with some kind of contact cement. They came off very easy.

Steve

I used double face tape.
I have a roll 2" wide (3M) and put strips on the back of the pad. The pads are on the bike for 5 years and I never had any problems.

6Back to top Go down   Tank Pads Attachment Empty Re: Tank Pads Attachment Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:24 pm

downssm

downssm
Silver member
Silver member
Bert, sounds like less of a mess, TY.

7Back to top Go down   Tank Pads Attachment Empty Re: Tank Pads Attachment Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:25 am

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Steve,
3M make a double sided tape called Exterior Mounting Tape which is sold under the Scotch brand that would be the go as it is designed to be resistant to weather etc.
Regards,
K-BIKE

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum