BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

51Back to top Go down   i have an idea - Page 2 Empty Re: i have an idea Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:26 pm

Stan

Life time member
Life time member
Col, you would have to get a matching pair....2 RSs, etc. ,that way all is interchangeable. If they are RTs you need to have a wider gap between them...don't want to scratch the fairing when cornering. I can supply the pipe to go between them, the rest is up to you. Do you think we should patent the idea?

52Back to top Go down   i have an idea - Page 2 Empty Re: i have an idea Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:30 pm

CommanderKewl

CommanderKewl
Silver member
Silver member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Nu-MQyJgPc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

This is the first ride of my car setup..
Had it for awhile..
Tried lashing the two bikes together like in the pics above, but they each had a separate path down the highway...

Have a trip to aberdeen for the next month, so no more fun till i get back

Mikey

53Back to top Go down   i have an idea - Page 2 Empty Re: i have an idea Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:54 am

col

col
Life time member
Life time member
thanks bert
good piont most likley only take family or dog all are vertically challenged like myself
i like the gep if i could find a cheap one in oz i would use it
ainsjac
if we put three together we would have a tricycle
we could use a naked an rs and rt then depending on mood or weather we could choose what we wanted to ride patenting sounds good
commanderk
would love to have a close up look at your outfit a leaning outfit has always intriged me

54Back to top Go down   i have an idea - Page 2 Empty Re: i have an idea Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:27 pm

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Col, our ideas are ramping up. What about a quad and throw a K1 into the mix?

55Back to top Go down   i have an idea - Page 2 Empty Re: i have an idea Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:09 pm

CommanderKewl

CommanderKewl
Silver member
Silver member
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/FlexitSidecarOwnersGroup/

This is the site for the Flexit leaners like the one i have..
You may be interested in the fact that there are many a person in Aussie land that have these cars as well.

And one very sharp guy has made one... One that is simple in design as well as pretty darn sweet to look at as well! He made his out of aluminum and its pretty dang near bullet proof in protection as well.

His pics of his car and how he built it is there as well.

The owner of the site knows as much as anyone with the exception of the inventor. He has collected a mass of information on the Flexit as well.

Intrigued? You bet! My wife told me after riding in the car last weekend that it is like riding a roller coaster, which thank goodness she likes!
The car is stable, and yes there is still a good amount of work i need to do.
I get a little wheel shimmy from the forks at slow speed. My thoughts are that i need to stiffen up the chains that are part of the cars unique quality. Its not bad, i just notice it and from the input of others on the site, the car becomes much better in control at higher speeds.

Parts for this thing are pretty much unique with the exception of the brake pads, air controls for the suspension and the turn signals as well as the brake lights. Thos are off the shelf auto and motorcycle pieces.

I can show you the rabbit hole, you hqve to find out how deep it goes!

Appreciate the interest.

Mike

56Back to top Go down   i have an idea - Page 2 Empty Re: i have an idea Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:54 am

col

col
Life time member
Life time member
ainsjac
that will make four models we should be able to apply to the government to pick a 10 to 15 million bucks as a motor vehicle manufacturer we could employ forum members then in 12 months shut shop and keep cash
if do k75 range we should be able to double what we can get
who wants shares in the company

57Back to top Go down   i have an idea - Page 2 Empty Re: i have an idea Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:02 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I want to see the mechanics of the connection but cant see enough on any of the pics iI have seen so far. Can anyone point me to somewhere there is some plans or similar. I like the idea but from what I see thay cant work, but they do work so there is something I am not seeing.

I have now seen what I need to see. I still like the idea but that duplex chain idea gives me goose bumps. I would much rather see a simple parallelagram setup.

Last edited by Rick G on Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : extra rubarb)

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

58Back to top Go down   i have an idea - Page 2 Empty Re: i have an idea Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:24 pm

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Col, we should put an ex police bike at the front of the grouping, therefore involving another government agency...more government consultancy therefore more credence that this is a real goer.I have a single seat and cop box at home gathering dust...now I can get rid of it.

59Back to top Go down   i have an idea - Page 2 Empty Re: i have an idea Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:34 am

K75cster

K75cster
Life time member
Life time member
Would this make the k a twin Ainsjac????? I like the rear of the GEP and the front of the cardboard one could use the RT fairing shape to put the screen on. Is col doing this to cart his dog also? Oh yes the rear might be copied off the rear cover of our bikes, its not a bad shape as things go. a good point CF makes about blokey sized boots.

The Clever are adept at extricating themselves from situations that the wise would have avoided from the outset - QUOTE from david Hillel in Out of the Earth.

60Back to top Go down   i have an idea - Page 2 Empty Re: i have an idea Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:47 am

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
col wrote:

i have an idea - Page 2 01410

This one looks like what you are trying to accomplish:
i have an idea - Page 2 Blue_s11

Read the full story here

61Back to top Go down   i have an idea - Page 2 Empty Re: i have an idea Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:29 am

col

col
Life time member
Life time member
would love to have it but on the wrong side
the design i came up with is easy to manufacture with what little skill and machinery available
cf i will raise the nose a bit higher to take passenger with bigger boot size than mine
the bloke at the steel joint said if i mark it out he will do the cutting and folding going to make it out of 1.6mm steel and weld it together should weigh about 35kg

62Back to top Go down   i have an idea - Page 2 Empty Re: i have an idea Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:49 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Col I have been invilved in steel work for a long time and sheet metal for almost as long and I seriously doubt the 35kg bit in 1.6mm steel.
I would be making a framework from 1.6mm Zinc aneal with angles pressed as needed and cover it with .4mm colourbond.
No rivets use a polyeuthane glue like sikaflex or Bostic seal n flex. I have built quite a few enclosed trailers for transporting race cars, bikes and gliders and have never had a failure with the glue. You can paint over it and clean up with turps but once it cures it's permanent.
I learned to do it working for Dennings making coach bodies.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

63Back to top Go down   i have an idea - Page 2 Empty Re: i have an idea Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:23 am

col

col
Life time member
Life time member
thanks rick was told 1.6 weighs 12 kg/ m2 just under 3m2 in body but will find out in time
even if it wieghs more it will be a heap lighter than my last one which took two people to carry it

64Back to top Go down   i have an idea - Page 2 Empty Re: i have an idea Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:05 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
12.7kg/sqmt but when overlap and seam allowances are taken into account it can add up fast.
It maybe smaller than I think but I just looked at it and thought nah! no way.
If you want I will give you more detail on the method I mentioned but it is not a quick way to do it, the sikaflex takes 24hr to cure to working strength and 72 for max.

65Back to top Go down   i have an idea - Page 2 Empty Re: i have an idea Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:14 am

CommanderKewl

CommanderKewl
Silver member
Silver member
See if the link works.
John Parrett lol! of New Zealand has been a member of the flexitsidecarowners club.. He made quite a unique sidecar that has no chains and is on a mean bike.. Might have to join to see the pics, but if you want some really brilliant ideas on a leaning sidecar.. This engineer is out there.

Check it out
Cheers
Mike
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FlexitSidecarOwnersGroup/photos/album/1217767109/pic/list

Last edited by CommanderKewl on Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Eye kant fookin spail!)

66Back to top Go down   i have an idea - Page 2 Empty Re: i have an idea Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:43 pm

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
ainsjac wrote:Why not just bolt two Ks together......less engineering, still feels like a bike, has 4 wheels won't fall over and is not a car. I will have a look at it today.

I know there not K Bikes...... Butt there is beer!!!!!!
i have an idea - Page 2 C90sid10

67Back to top Go down   i have an idea - Page 2 Empty Re: i have an idea Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:24 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
They have drunk it all Alby there is no lids

68Back to top Go down   i have an idea - Page 2 Empty Re: i have an idea Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:30 am

Toto_jp

Platinum member
Platinum member
That looks like fun Alby least the passenger has a brake and accelerator and hills would be no issue with all that power now Laughing

69Back to top Go down   i have an idea - Page 2 Empty Re: i have an idea Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:13 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
i have an idea - Page 2 44271

good find alby

philipines perhaps ?

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

70Back to top Go down   i have an idea - Page 2 Empty Re: i have an idea Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:44 am

col

col
Life time member
Life time member
we got the baskets all we need is the streamers for the end of the handlebars

71Back to top Go down   i have an idea - Page 2 Empty Re: i have an idea Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:52 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
lol!

omg col ....we need a serious word ol mate ...giggles

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

72Back to top Go down   i have an idea - Page 2 Empty Re: i have an idea Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:44 am

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
I am sure i have seen streamers on aK Bike somewhere before.......

73Back to top Go down   i have an idea - Page 2 Empty Re: i have an idea Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:53 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
pull ya head in... Mad

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

74Back to top Go down   i have an idea - Page 2 Empty Re: i have an idea Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:02 am

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
Very Happy Razz

75Back to top Go down   i have an idea - Page 2 Empty Re: i have an idea Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:02 am

col

col
Life time member
Life time member
i have an idea - Page 2 00910

i have an idea - Page 2 00813

i have an idea - Page 2 01012

body built
rick turned out a bit heavier than i guessed but i can still lift it by myself 45 to50 kgs maybe

chassis and subframe next i think i will have to start a thread in restoration but i dont to look bad agianst others as i dont have the patience (read jealousy)

76Back to top Go down   i have an idea - Page 2 Empty Re: i have an idea Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:11 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I built a 34ft steel sloop about 28 years ago and the hull and deck in theory should have been 3.1 tonne but it came up at 3.45 tonne and I still cant figure where the extra 350kg came from. But it eas there.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum